About the business
Habitania is one of Australia's fastest-growing independent homewares stores, currently with 13 stores located in NSW and VIC. Our store experience is based on our unique mix of products and high levels of customer service. We are passionate about creating an atmosphere that provides home inspiration and gift-giving ideas.
About the role
We currently have an Assistant Store Manager opportunity in our store at our Werribee Store for an experienced manager to work closely with the Store Manager and Habitania Management, to support the day to day operations of the store. Leading by example, you will set high levels of customer service and assist with developing and coaching our people.
You take the initiative to improve the Habitania store experience.
Reporting to the Store Manager, you will be responsible for:
- Assisting the Store Manager to meet sales targets by training, motivating, mentoring and providing feedback to sales staff;
- Stock management by maintaining accurate records of stock levels and transactions;
- Ensuring high levels of customer satisfaction through excellent service;
- Working with the Store Manager in leading, coaching and developing our staff;
- Maintaining outstanding store condition in line with our visual merchandising standards; and
- Ensuring you model our company policies and procedures.
What's in it for you?
- A competitive salary + Super + Bonus
- Generous staff discount
- An opportunity to make a difference and your mark within a growing business
- To work with a passionate group of people
- Must be available to work Sunday through to Thursday
Skills and experience
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- Proven retail management experience, with a strong sales and customer service focus;
- Solid stock management and control experience, managing high volumes of stock within a busy environment;
- Minimum of 2 years experience as an Assistant Manager or similar position;
- Experience with recruiting and performance evaluation processes;
- Familiarity with financial and customer service principle;
- Demonstrated experience in managing and developing a team;
- Excellent organisational skills;
- A high level of communication and interpersonal skills;
- Analyse consumer behaviour and adjust product positioning;
- A high level of communication and interpersonal skills; and
- Point of Sale systems experience.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $45,000.00 – $49,000.00 per year
- Rotating roster
- Weekend availability
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Our Awesome Perks Our people are everything to us, and we’re big believers in making our workplace fun and energising. It’s why we provide tools and benefits to help you thrive in your role, whet [...]
At ALDI, our people are the key to our success. To be considered for the role, you'll need to have previous experience managing and leading a team, possess a strong work ethic and hands-on attitude, [...]
WERRIBEE Love Shoes, Love Fashion, Love People - - Join Australia's most successful footwear retailer - Fun, fast paced and diverse role - Opportunity for Career progression - Incentive scheme p [...]
This is Adairs We are clear about why we exist…. To create WOW…. Our passion and purpose is to provide inspiration and expertise; enabling everyone to weave their own story of home. We know our [...]