- Join a rapidly growing not-for-profit organisation committed to social justice
- Wintringham promotes ongoing training and professional excellence
- Competitive pay rate: $24.33* per hour + 25% casual loading + super*
- Access to Salary Packaging benefits
- Multiple casual roles available
- Based in Frankston (VIC)
Who are we?
Wintringham is a not-for-profit organisation providing an extensive range of aged care, housing and related support services to men and women aged 50-plus who have been homeless or at risk of homelessness. We employ over 830 staff and operate from multiple offices across Melbourne and regional Victoria. Located in Frankston,
Angus Martin House is a Supported Residential Service that provides care and support for 45 men and women. We promote independence, and our team of staff are on site 24 hours per day to assist and maximise the health and wellbeing of our residents, whilst respecting their options, dignity and rights.
Your new role
Wintringham is currently seeking an experienced and proactive Food Services Assistant to join our tight-knit and friendly team at Angus Martin House on a casual basis. The two shift times you can expect to cover are: 1100-1500 & 1600-2000
Your responsibilities and duties will include:
- Assist with the preparation, cooking, delivery and service of appetising nutritious meals for residents.
- Ensure all meals produced are of a good visual and nutritional standard in quantities appropriate with resident’s needs.
- Provide quality services in a manner, which maintains and enhances the independence of residents and maximises their lifestyle options.
- Providing some support to residents as set out in support plans in areas such as personal care, housekeeping and other activities of daily living.
- Providing emotional support to residents.
Wintringham’s response to COVID-19
Resident and staff safety is paramount to us at Wintringham. Throughout the COVID-19 pandemic, we have and will continue to ensure that our staff are supplied with the resources they need to guarantee they are working in a safe and risk-averse environment. If you gain employment with Wintringham, you will be provided with all necessary personal protective equipment in accordance with the advice from the Department of Health & Chief Health Officer throughout your working day. We have strict social distancing restrictions and cleaning regimens in place at our residential sites to ensure that thorough infection control is maintained at all times.
What we will require from you:
- Food Handlers certificate (mandatory)
- Prior experience in Aged Care (preferred)
- Understanding of food safety principles.
- Knowledge and skills in food preparation.
- Knowledge and skills in food service
- A non-judgmental and caring approach with the ability to work with people from varying socio-economic backgrounds
- Current CPR & First Aid certificates (highly advantageous)
What’s in it for you?
We are committed to offering an enjoyable, safe and flexible workplace that provides a work-life balance. When you are working with Wintringham, you will have access to the following benefits:
- Access to exclusive not-for-profit salary packaging: salary package your personal expenses up to the amount of $15,900.
- Flexible working hours: Whatever your circumstances are, we have an array of morning, afternoon and night shifts that are available to you.
- Continuous development: we believe in giving our staff the skills they need and will keep you up to date with yearly qualifications such as behaviour management, first aid, CPR and manual handling. We offer many growth opportunities and have a strong internal recruitment program.
- Free access to wellbeing services + discounts to retailers: When you are employed at Wintringham, you will have access to our Employee Assistance Program, Staff wellbeing portal as well as discounts to some of Australia’s leading retailers.
Applicants must disclose if they are currently working at another Residential Aged Care facility. There are current government directed guidelines that restrict Aged Care workers from working with more than one provider.
This sounds great! How do I apply?
For more information about this role, you can view a copy of the Position Description HERE. Enquiries can be made to Mark Lorenzi (People & Culture Business Partner) on (03) 9376 1122.
Applications can be directed to Bernadette Eddelbuttel (Site Manager – Angus Martin House) and submitted by filling in the required information below.
Please upload your documents in PDF Format
Applications close at* 5:00pm on Monday 6*th* December 2021*
Successful applicants will be required to undergo a NDIS Screening Check and Police Records check. Refusal to provide your information to both of these parties will prevent Wintringham from being able to continue with your application.
Applicants who have lived in a country other than Australia for a period longer than 12 months in the last 10 years may be required to undergo an International Police Check.
The Victorian Chief Health Officer has issued directions to help contain the spread of COVID-19 and help keep Victorians safe, including directions to make the COVID-19 vaccination mandatory for employees that are required to attend a workplace. Successful candidates will be required to show evidence of being fully vaccinated prior to commencing employment with Wintringham.
Wintringham is an Equal Opportunity employer. Everyone has a right to feel welcome, respected and valued. The safety of all older people is paramount; we have zero tolerance for family violence including elder abuse.
Wintringham proudly acknowledges Australia’s First Peoples as the Traditional Owners and Custodians of Country. We pay respect to all Aboriginal Elders past, present and emerging.
Inclusion makes our community and Wintringham stronger.
Job Type: Casual
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Fresh Team Member From meats and cheeses to antipasto, you’ll handle some delicious products. Woolworths, a job is never just a job. It’s the start of something bigger. There are over 128,0 [...]
A cafe in Frankston is seeking a part time Kitchen Hand (up to 30 hours per week) to join our team. To be considered for this role you should: - Be available at least 1 day at weekends - Have a [...]
A cafe in Frankston is seeking a part time Cook (up to 25 hours per week) to join our team. To be considered for this role you should: - Be available at least 1 day at weekends - Have at least [...]
A cafe in Frankston is seeking a part time Kitchen Hand (up to 15 hours per week) to join our team. To be considered for this role you should: - Be available at least 1 day at weekends - Have a [...]