About Our Firm
Founded in 1981, Zaparas Lawyers has a proud tradition of service as a family business supporting clients in compensable injury. Our strong Firm ethos is underscored by believing in a society where all individuals have appropriate redress when they suffer loss. In support of this ethos we do everything in our power to make the legal process as open, uncomplicated, and as non-frightening for our clients as possible. By providing the best advice we achieve just compensation for clients and earn a strong reputation in our field.
We are looking for full-time Legal Assistant to join the Public Liability team at our Oakleigh office.
You will provide crucial administrative support by carrying out a range of secretarial tasks which will assist the functioning of one or more practice groups. You will be responsible for a range of legal support and administration accountabilities as assigned by your supervisors. These include but are not limited to:
- Developing an understanding of the litigation procedures in the respective department.
- Opening new files, preparing letters and correspondence, drafting medical legal letters of instruction, compiling briefs and court documents
- Compiling briefs and court documents.
- File management - proactively liaising with the supervising solicitor and relevant parties to advance files.
- General administration and filing.
- Monitoring critical dates to ensure deadlines are met.
- Maintaining calendars and diary appointments.
- Handling general client and stakeholder enquiries via telephone and face to face.
The Successful Applicant
The Legal Assistant position at Zaparas will be both challenging and rewarding. We are looking for someone who:
- Is a self-motivated individual who can work efficiently.
- Has excellent communication skills and the ability to deal sensitively and confidently with clients.
- Has great attention to detail and is able to complete tasks to a high standard.
- Is a team player who is willing to share knowledge and help their peers.
- Minimum 1 years previous experience in the legal industry is desirable.
- Experience working in Personal Injury preferred.
Zaparas is well known for our welcoming, collaborative and inclusive workplace culture founded on our firm values which are respect for others and self, honesty and integrity, and legal excellence. You will be working in a close-knit team with supportive and friendly supervisors. You will engage in meaningful work to bring positive change for our clients and exceed their expectations in delivery excellent legal client service.
- Flexible work arrangements - one day working from home per week.
- Access to a bonus structure for all our employees
- Career progression and learning and development opportunities.
- Extensive health and well-being program including mental health awareness and mindfulness training, Employee Assistance Program, yearly flu shots and skin checks.
- Additional annual leave during the end of year shut down period.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
A cafe in Oakleigh is seeking a part time Kitchen Hand (up to 20 hours per week) to join our team. To be considered for this role you should: - Be available at both days at weekends - Have at l [...]
Application due 2021-12-03 - Supply Chain - Associate - Oakleigh, Victoria, Australia - Join an iconic Australian Brand - Forbes Top 100 innovative company - Unlock an opportunity to work for ASSA A [...]
Australia's leading hospitality recruitment specialist has full time positions that need to be filled immediately. If you have a stable work history and are passionate about your trade we want your [...]
Asset Building Management (AssetBM) is looking for an energetic Building Concierge who cares about the resident experience and will work towards creating a neighbourly and safe community for an apartm [...]