New South Wales
Industrial Hygienist - Regional DESCRIPTION For more than 14 years, Amazon Web Services (AWS) has been the world's most comprehensive and broadly adopted cloud computing platform. What is cloud computing? Cloud computing is the on-demand delivery of IT resources over the Internet. Instead of buying, owning, and maintaining physical data centers and servers, companies can access technology services, such as computing power, storage, and databases, on an as-needed basis from AWS. AWS offers over 175 fully featured services for compute, storage, databases, networking, analytics, machine learning and artificial intelligence, Internet of Things, mobile, security, hybrid, virtual and augmented reality, media, and application development,
deployment, and management from 77 Availability Zones across 24 geographic regions. AWS services are trusted by millions of active customers around the world - including the fastest-growing startups, largest enterprises, and leading government agencies-to power their infrastructure, make them more agile, and lower costs. To learn more about AWS, visit https://aws.amazon.com.
The AWS EHS team is an expanding and dynamic team that is critical to enabling AWS's growth around the world, as well as ensuring compliance of AWS's global operations, including physical data centers, as well as other AWS facilities, customer-facing enterprises and products. The EHS team has responsibility for architecting and implementing AWS's global environmental and safety programs. This includes defining and implementing risk management and compliance systems and driving their continuous improvement; setting and refining global policies and procedures; overseeing the development of standards, tools, auditing and metrics, and employee training; ensuring effective engagement by environmental and health & safety teams on global initiatives, including those that are part of Amazon's ambitious sustainability goals; providing specialist expertise; and engaging with all AWS business units to provide scalable and effective environmental and health & safety compliance strategies that support current and future business objectives while ensuring employee safety and compliance with environmental and health & safety regulations.
We're expanding our Industrial Hygiene team and need a talented IH professional to join our Health & Safety Team to establish a global program and implement processes to protect employees. The Regional Safety Engineer Industrial Hygiene will report to the Global Safety Engineer Industrial Hygiene (IH). The Regional Safety Engineer Industrial Hygiene will support all business units within AWS, with a strong focus on the safe operations of our data centers. Specific duties and responsibilities include: Work with Data Center Health and Safety team and stakeholders to identify, evaluate and mitigate industrial hygiene risk on a regional scale. Collaborate with other groups within AWS including: Facilities Managers, Hardware Operations and Engineering, data center operations and outside vendors. Perform comprehensive practices of industrial hygiene by anticipating, recognizing, evaluating, and controlling environmental factors or stresses in the workplace. Perform assessments of work spaces including design and conduct comprehensive exposure monitoring and detection strategies. Perform basic and complex industrial hygiene data analysis. Coordinate and develop the industrial hygiene audit program utilizing local Regional Safety Engineers and/or other applicable resources. You will need to be able to travel regionally (at least 25-50% of time).
• Define organizational level IH risk assessment methodology and IH risk tolerances for the region
• Responsible to develop and implement new strategic and programmatic controls for existing or emerging complex IH risks, including but not limited to: chemical safety, thermal exposures, noise, and disaster response and remediation.
• Engage cross organizationally with leadership and front line teams to design IH program controls and testing strategy
• Earn trust of senior leadership by proactively engaging to understand the business, identify emerging risks, and develop risk mitigation strategies
• Provide technical guidance and solutions for global/complex problems, even when the situation is not well understood
• Apply industrial hygiene principles into real life complex problems using modeling, data and other methods to eliminate or reduce risk of injury/illness
• Be passionate about using data and scientific literature to facilitate and drive business decisions. You will identify key trends through deep dive analysis (including statistical modelling) to justify industrial hygiene programs/initiatives and establish robust approaches to demonstrate the effectiveness and impact of programs
• Maintain subject matter mastery and current industry knowledge to advise senior leadership on emerging trends and regulatory requirements with potential impacts to the business strategic roadmap
• Establish and leverage industry partnerships in order to drive innovation in approaches to industrial hygiene to redefine industry best practices
• Adapt to fast-paced environments with changing circumstances, direction, strategy and deadlines
• High ethical standards with proven ability to handle highly confidential and sensitive information; excellent judgment, discretion and diplomacy
• Must exhibit excellent problem solving skills, high judgment and attention to detail
• Ensure record keeping is maintained and provide accurate reporting and metrics to support business safety initiatives
• Bachelor's or advanced degree in Industrial Hygiene, Environmental Health, Occupational Safety or related field
• 5+ years' work experience in industrial hygiene
• Experience with noise, chemical safety, air quality, and mold
• 3+ years with tools such as: Microsoft Office, Excel, Tableau, etc.
• Certified Industrial Hygienist
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
- Day Shift Roles - ASAP Start - Ongoing work LF Forklift Drivers 4x4 Vehicle Accessories TRS Resourcing has been tasked with sourcing LF Forklift Drivers, Our client has a requirement for sever [...]
Alliance Labour Solutions is proud to be a local labour-hire company. We work across multiple sites throughout the Hunter Region along with sites reaching past Northwest Sydney and various shutdowns t [...]
About us At Buildsafe we are committed to leading the way through our products, processes and most importantly our people. Our growth and position in the market is a direct result of our people, all [...]
The Body Shop When Anita Roddick founded The Body Shop in 1976, she had a vision. Business as a force for good – that’s us. Over 40 years later, we’re proud to be pioneering cruelty-free beauty [...]