Anglicare have an exciting opportunity for a Part time Support Worker to join our team in Armidale, NSW region
- Are you passionate about the socially isolated and vulnerable people in our community?
- Do you want to further your career in the community services sector by making a real and lasting difference in the lives of others?
- Join our warm, friendly and supportive culture!
As a Christian organisation with a heritage of service spanning 160 years, we exist to serve our community, enrich life and share the love of Jesus. Combining our resources and expertise enables us to work even more effectively to meet changing needs as we reach and serve more people at all stages of life.
To find out more please visit: www.anglicare.org.au
About the role:
Anglicare are looking for a Part time staff member with initiative and enthusiasm to support those in the community. You will be working across several programs in the community, duties will be varied but will predominantly be focused on mental health support work. This position Is located in Armidale, NSW.
Key responsibilities (but not limited to):
- Supporting people with a mental health issue to access the community
- Provide case co-ordination for individuals
- Establish positive relationships with the clients, staff and other organisations
- Promote Anglicare’s services in a positive manner
- Assess client safety, planning, and intervening where appropriate, by ensuring the well-being of the client
- Reporting – ensure that reports are prompt and an accurate record of observations, risks, interactions and dynamics
- Tertiary education, Cert 3 or above in social work, psychology/community services/mental health OR demonstrated equivalent experience and working toward a qualification.
- NSW Drivers licence
- Knowledge of mental health issues and the impacts it has on a person’s life
- Skills in establishing rapport, respectfully communicating expectations and being assertive
- Experience relating to and building rapport with people
- Knowledge of child protection system and knowledge of NDIS is an advantage
- Excellent observation, written and verbal communication skills
- Working with Children’s Check
- Police Check
- First Aid Certificate desirable
To find out more about this opportunity, please contact Claire Dunlop Phone: 0439 374 818, Email: [email protected]
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander candidates are encouraged to apply
Anglicare - Jesus Christ honoured, lives enriched, and communities strengthened
Anglicare is committed to ensuring the safety and wellbeing of children and young people and has zero tolerance of child abuse
Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible as applications may be reviewed prior to the closing date; Closing date is subject to change without notice.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Support Workers | Permanent Part Opportunities Goulburn Flexible Supports Services At Aruma, we support people with disabilities to live great lives. It's the reason we exist - after all, why sh [...]
Job Description Southern Highlands - Young, Harden, BoorowaHr Rate + Super + Km Reimburse (82cents per KM) + Paid Travel Time + NFP Salary Packaging + First Aid & Certificates in Aged Care provided at [...]
We are seeking reliable Disability Support Workers to join our team to support people with a disability living in our specialist disability accommodation in the Southern Highlands. What's in it for y [...]
The Director of Schools invites applications from suitably qualified and experienced personnel for temporary full time positions of Aboriginal Education Assistants based in the Macarthur and Southern [...]