Large enterprise organisation based in Darwin and delivering very complex, high value, and / or high-risk ICT programs and multi-year digital transformation initiatives has a requirement for a Software Development Project Manager to provide specialised software development project management strategies and plans to effectively manage the planning and delivery of SQL.NET solutions used in the Finance / Human Resources business unit and identify and implement enhancements and/or new system components to meet client agency requirements.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
• Deliver technology solutions that support business goals and objectives.
• Partner with the product owner to understand business requirements,
evaluate features and translate functional specifications into workable technical solutions.
• Maintain application software and systems.
• Ensure all project deliverables and releases are appropriately developed, version-controlled, tested.
• Oversee and review development, testing and documentation activities of team members.
• Support technical initiatives and provide input into best practices to the team.
• Work with key stakeholders to design complex solutions and lead from inception to production.
• Provide innovation for best practice and improve team processes, mentor junior team members.
• Have an awareness and understanding of the team’s roles and deliverables.
• Understanding of project documentation, technical designs including workflows, mock-ups and business rules.
• Analyse delivery practices, identify areas of improvement.
• Provide training to software development team members on strategies, standards, tools and processes.
Essential Skills and Experience
• Proven knowledge of and ability in software development project management practices and techniques in a corporate systems implementation environment.
• Proven stakeholder engagement, customer service and communication skills with the ability to interact effectively with people of diverse cultures.
• Be extremely well organised, be able to multi-task, have a proven ability to meet critical deadlines, set priorities and work effectively while under pressure, with minimal supervision.
• Experience in troubleshooting and problem solving project issues, recommend solutions and manage issues through all stages of the software development lifecycle.
• Understanding of .NET, Core/C#.
• Familiar with HTML5/CSS3.
• Understanding of DevOps.
• Understanding of SQL/Oracle.
• Understanding of RESTful and SOAP Web Services.
Desirable Skills and Experience
• Project Management experience in one or more of the following: HR systems or finance systems.
• Prince 2 Foundation Certificate.
Personal Qualities required of Candidate
• High level social and written skills with ability to effectively communicate with team members and stakeholders, including ability to translate complex analytical and technical information into clear and meaningful terms.
• Ability to work in a large team environment with members of diverse cultures and backgrounds.
• Self-starter with high personal drive and a positive attitude.
• Disciplined and accountable for supporting and maintaining work products.
• Behaves in a respectful and professional manner, maintaining high integrity and transparency when delivering work.
• Excellent problem solver and critical thinker.
• Promotes teamwork and collaboration by engaging stakeholders and team members.
The successful applicant will be required to be based in Darwin for the duration of the contract.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Company Description About Haircare Group For over 45 years Haircare Group has been the voice of experience and expertise for salons. Beginning as a husband and wife team, we are now a large and pass [...]
Job no: 583515 Work type: Maximum Term - Part Time, Part Time Location: Adelaide Categories: Customer Service / Contact Centre About Spotless Spotless employs over 36,000 people in Australia [...]
- APS Level 6, Ongoing - $80,665-$91,713 + 15.4% super - Adelaide Australia is regularly affected by severe weather events. These events are growing in frequency and severity, leading to increased ec [...]
Benefits and Perks - Permanent Full Time Ongoing - Office is based in Mile End South and has on-site car parking available - Family-friendly working environment - Flexible and supportive work environ [...]