National Product Specialist
Location: Open to Sydney or Brisbane
Type: Full-Time position
Your part in a changing world
At QBE, we’re driven by our purpose – to give people the confidence to achieve their ambitions.
We are an international insurer and reinsurer offering a diverse portfolio of commercial, personal and specialty products, as well as risk management solutions. We employee a team of more than 11,800 people, in 27 countries around the world.
The goal of the National Product Specialist is to assist in developing and improving product lines while we continue along our path of steady growth, profitability and success. This opportunity, in our Chief Underwriting Office,
is as the Product Specialist dedicated to our People Risk business.
- This is a key role in supporting the National Product Manager to deliver effective product strategy across our People Risk business.
- You will drive product strategy by identifying key metrics and producing analysis that highlights growth and profitability opportunities.
- Assist with the analysis of existing products, you will be seeking opportunities to enhance our product offering, making recommendations underpinned by data and customer driven insights
- You will assist in the review of portfolio results and individual product performance, while identifying trends and opportunities for product development
- You will be working closely with key stakeholders to deliver on strategic objectives
- Identify and assist in resolving data issues and implement processes to maintain high quality data.
- This role will take ownership of driving continuous improvement across our People Risk business area having regard to our risk requirements.
- While assisting with pricing as well as review and monitoring of underwriting standards.
Your Story So Far
- Experience within the insurance industry is required. You will have a good understanding of underwriting principles and risk selection
- You will care deeply about customers
- You will be a champion who loves learning, both through and with others
- You have good organizational skills with an eye for detail and are able to plan, prioritise and adapt in a busy and thriving environment
- Strong analytical and numerical skills and strong Excel skills are essential!
- You are a creative individual who feels comfortable developing new product ideas and initiatives with stakeholders.
- A strong communicator who can build internal and external relationships.
- You are an ‘up and comer’ ready to take on new challenges and make the next step UP in your career
- A Bachelor’s Degree in similar or relating field is preferred.
We are here to support you
We value our employee’s experience with us and are proud to have been recognised for the following awards:
- 2021 LinkedIn Top Employer and HRD Employer of Choice
- Ranked 6th place in the AAGE Top Graduate Employers 2021 as voted by graduates
- 2020 Best Workplace Diversity & Inclusion and Excellence Award for Best Health & Wellbeing at the Australian HR Awards
- Top 20 Workplaces for Dads in 2019 and 2020 (HBF Direct Advice for Dads)
- Gold Employer status in both the 2019 and 2020 Australian Workplace Equality Index (AWEI) – the definitive national benchmark on LGBTI workplace inclusion.
We offer a range of benefits to help provide holistic support for your work life, whatever your circumstance. As a QBE employee, we will offer you:
- ‘Hybrid Working’ – a mix of working in the office and at home to enhance your work/life balance
- Our ‘At My Best’ wellbeing program
- Access to ‘Share the Care’ – 12 weeks’ gender-equal flexible leave for all new parents, including paid superannuation
- The ability to maximise retirement savings through voluntary super contributions and company matching
- Income protection insurance and reimbursed Death and Total Permanent Disability insurance premiums
- Access to REACH My Best - free holistic wellbeing coaching, nutritional, financial and legal advice, and confidential counselling
- Access to Family and Domestic Violence leave and support through QBE’s Family Domestic Violence First Responder Network
- A sustained commitment to Reconciliation, having launched our first Reconciliation Action Plan in 2015
- Discounts on insurance products, car hire, hotels, goods and services
- Benefits through our various sports and arts sponsorship partners such as free and discounted tickets.
Click APPLY to submit your application. Successful applicants will need to complete work rights, police and credit checks through our online provider as a condition of employment.
QBE recognise the value of diverse perspectives and experience. We are committed to an inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued and respected for who they are. If we can provide support with access requirements, alternative work arrangements or you would like to connect with one of our networks please contact us at [email protected]
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Marketing Coordinator (Retail) with Apollo Motorhomes located in global head office Brisbane. Not that it’s all about us…but here’s a bit about us: I think most people have heard of Apollo Mo [...]
At Bluebeam, we create smart software solutions that make construction sites more efficient, connected, and safe, while improving the lives of Architecture, Engineering, and Construction professionals [...]
The Opportunity We are now recruiting for a Quality Production Specialist - Integration Lead - to be part of our southeast Queensland-based Quality team. In this role, you will be an integral part [...]
About Thermo Fisher Scientific, ANZOur growing team of + employees work together to deliver world-class science products and solutions to a wide range of key markets.ith commercial, manufacturing and [...]