University of Tasmania
ACEAS – Project Manager
- Full time fixed term position until 31 December 2025
- Based in Hobart / IMAS Building, Salamanca Place
- Showcase your project management experience and skills
Australian Centre for Excellence in Antarctic Science (ACEAS) is a national-scale, University-led, international centre focused on helping the world community prepare for climate risks emerging from East Antarctica and the Southern Ocean by integrating knowledge of the ocean, atmosphere, cryosphere and ecosystems, and their interplay.
The Centre is a major $25M Special Research Initiative of the Australian Research Council (ARC).
It was formed by a consortium of eight Australian universities led and hosted by the University of Tasmania (UTAS) and collaborates with 32 other leading national and international research institutions and Universities including CSIRO, the Australian Antarctic Division, and Geoscience Australia.
The ACEAS Project Manager is accountable to the Director for the general management of the Centre’s administrative operations and strategic planning. The incumbent will also be responsible for working with the research team to seek additional research funding.
The successful candidate will assist with the development of Centre policy, contract negotiations, stakeholder engagement, and compliance of legal documents and contracts. Working with participants and collaborators, the Project Manager will oversee the support services provided by the host institution, and the coordination of the Centre’s functions.
- Provide high-level executive business management support, assistance and advice to senior staff.
- Ensure the ongoing functioning of and compliance with contractual arrangements with the ARC and research participants.
- Develop detailed budgets and manage Centre funds in close collaboration with the University administration and participants to enable the effective utilisation of Centre resources.
- Provide high level analysis and advice on the Centre’s performance against contracted KPIs.
- Assist the Director in developing project governance and monitoring arrangements, and manage reporting arrangements with all project collaborators, the University of Tasmania, the Advisory Board, and the Australian Research Council.
To be successful in the role, your application will need to demonstrate;
- Tertiary qualifications in a relevant discipline (e.g., science, policy, business administration) together with significant demonstrated experience at a senior or executive level in the management of material, financial and human resources in a complex operation.
- Significant experience in successfully administering complex, multi-institutional projects in a scientifically-oriented research organisation.
- Demonstrated expertise in developing and overseeing budgets of complex projects.
- Proven capacity to negotiate the terms of research agreements and oversee the drafting and implementation of legal documents and contracts by legal professionals.
- Excellent verbal, written, interpersonal and negotiation skills.
Appointment to this role will be at HEO 9 and will have a total remuneration package of up to $140,659 comprising base salary within the range of $114,061 to $120,221 plus 17% superannuation.
How to Apply
- To apply online, please provide your resume, cover letter outlining your suitability and motivation for the role, and your responses to the position/selection criteria.
- For further information about this position, please contact Professor Matt King, Centre Director, ACEAS, [email protected] or (03) 6226 1974.
- Please visit https://www.utas.edu.au/jobs/applying for our guide to applying and details on the recruitment process.
Applications close Wednesday, 8 December 2021, 11.55pm
Position Description - ACEAS Project Manager.pdf
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Located in the heart of Queensland’s Sunshine Coast in the tranquil surroundings of Noosa Heads sits our stunning 5-star RACV Noosa Resort. Voted multiple times the best accommodation in Queensland [...]
Business Consultant (520561) Readvertised Department of Health Health ICT HICT - Program Management Office Applications must be submitted by Sunday 28 November, 2021 11:55 PM Position detail [...]
- Australia’s largest family owned jewellery retailer with a 125 year history - Join a collaborative team to support your career development - Generous staff discounts across our range of products [...]
Position Title: Payroll Officer Position Type: Regular - Full-Time Position Location: Ballarat Requisition ID: 13090 Are you a payroll superstar looking to take the next step in their career with [...]