- Join and shape a growing Data Science and Analytics Team in Jetstar Technology
- Flexible working options available
- Permanent role based in our Collingwood head office in Melbourne CBD
Jetstar thrives on innovation! We are always looking to employ ambitious and proactive professionals to help our business work smarter and more efficiently. You will be encouraged to think innovatively whilst developing and maintaining best practice. What’s more, this role will see you working as part of a broader group Jetstar and Qantas structure.
As a Senior Data Engineer, your primary goal will be to work collaboratively with Data Scientists,
DevOps & Data Engineering team to help design and build a cutting-edge machine learning systems across "NextGen" Cloud Data Platform. You will bring professional experience scaling and deploying robust production code and data pipelines.
This role supports a data science team and helps with computer science, software engineering and big data skillsets to help with deployment, reliability and performance of data science models. In addition, you will help bring in best practice for engineering, including research and adoption of new tools, open-source technologies and cloud platforms where they fit business needs.
Key responsibilities of this role will include:
- Deploy, manage, and operate scalable, highly available, and fault-tolerant ML systems
- Educating and implementing best engineering practices across ML
- Automate or improve existing code, data science work, testing, model validation, optimisation, difficulties with scalability or speed up run-times
- Assisted a senior data scientist to scale a model using Kubernetes, Argo or kubeflow - so it is easier to move into production and scale.
- ML Governance inc. Compliance & Risk Management – Versioning, Auditability ensuring compliance with regulations.
- Pioneer new tech and approaches to improve time to market, reliability and performance of ML modelling
- Build or monitor distributed productionized ML Assets including Alerting, drift detection, performance
- Collaboration with DevOps/CICD practices, automation framework – Infrastructure as Code (IaC)
To be considered for this role you will have:
- Tertiary degree (or equivalent experience) in Computer Science or related field
- 3-5 years' experience working with cloud-base services and DevOps concepts, tools and practices
- Strong Scala, Python and SQL
- Strong data pipeline and machine learning pipeline experience with big data (preferably AWS)
- Experience with Unix/AIX/Linux environments, Docker, SageMaker, Data Bricks.
- Practical knowledge of various classes of ML algorithms, techniques and packages
- Strong domain knowledge of data science workflows (end to end ML modelling)
- Experience with full MLM (model lifecycle management)
- Good communication skills & confidence in sharing and presenting ideas with data engineers/data scientists.
- Experience in an Agile environment and with scrum ceremonies.
This is a challenging role and we will expect great results from the successful applicants. In return you will get to be part of a smart, driven, high performing team with real opportunities for you to make your mark and build your career within a great organisation in an exciting industry.
Jetstar is alive with a sense of adventure. Day in and day out, our teams search for new places to fly, new ways to add value and new ideas to improve performance. If you love the road less travelled, you’ll love working here because ours is a team who innovate every day, thrive on delivery, support each other and celebrate our successes. You’ll be supported to challenge, anticipate and explore while you work will connect people and enrich lives. We encourage diversity and aim to create an environment where our employees feel valued, respected and enabled.
Applications close on the 7th of December
Please note: applications will only be considered for candidates who have the right to work in Australia / New Zealand without restriction or sponsorship.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Would you like to join one of the fastest-growing team within Microsoft Azure Engineering? Are you customer-obsessed constantly looking for enhancing customer experience? Are you passionate about clou [...]
Company DescriptionIt all started with an idea at Square in 2013. Initially built to take the pain out of peer-to-peer payments, Cash App has gone from a simple product with a single purpose to a dyna [...]
The OpportunityEndless opportunities to grow & develop your career Flexible work arrangements! Mix of home and office Join CSIRO - Australia's premier research organisation As the successful can [...]
Overview Are you the kind of software developer who gets excited about your code going from design to development to production all on the same day?Do you like zooming out to consider the broader impl [...]