The Australian National University
Australian Capital Territory
Classification: ANU Officer 7 (IT)
Salary package: $90,294 to $94,817 per annum plus 17% superannuation
Terms: Full time, continuing
Australia’s #1 University is seeking to fill multiple Canberra-based System Administrators (two positions available)
- Professional and collaborative work environment
- Flexible work arrangements
- Many training opportunities including professional certifications
- Excellent remuneration and benefits packages
- Work at Australia's leading university
Information Technology Services (ITS) provides corporate IT services to ANU staff, students and visitors in support of achieving excellence in research, teaching and public policy.
These services include network, communications, computing platforms, data storage, desktop and mobile access, enterprise systems, student learning environments, and IT security. The work of ITS is coordinated with services provided within and by University Colleges and other Service Divisions to form a cohesive, University-wide information services infrastructure.
The Unix Systems Administrators are members of the Unix Systems team and will be responsible for administering and integrating Linux servers (principally Red Hat Enterprise Linux) and services in support of University wide computing in a mainly virtualised environment. Support for other key enterprise applications is also provided from the Unix team, including the ANU's Identity Management and Single Sign On platforms. These positions will work closely with other team members and other members of ITS, and also provide direct support to our clients, so good people skills are a must along with a solid understanding of Linux systems.
We are looking for candidates with strong technical skills who will be focused on providing quality support for our stakeholders, following the ITS values of "Take an Outside-In View", "Think Team", "Own It", "Make it Simple" and "Act with Empathy".
Candidate Enquiries: Paul Davidson, Unix Systems Manager, T: (02) 6125 7619, E: [email protected]
Close Date: 5 December 2021
Position Description: PD Linux Systems Administrators.pdf
ANU values diversity and inclusion and is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to those of all backgrounds and identities. For more information about staff equity at ANU, visit https://services.anu.edu.au/human-resources/respect-inclusion
In order to apply for this role please make sure that you upload the following documents:
- A statement addressing the selection criteria. This statement is a key part of our selection process.
- A current curriculum vitae (CV) which includes the names and contact details of at least three referees (preferably including a current or previous supervisor). If your CV does not include referees, you can complete these online when prompted in the application form.
- Other documents, if required.
Applications which do not address the selection criteria may not be considered for the position.
Please note: The successful candidate must have rights to live and work in this country and will be required to undergo a background check during the recruitment process. An offer of employment is conditional on satisfactory results.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
- APS Level 4, Ongoing - $65,620 - $71,959 + 15.4% super - Melbourne – other Bureau State & Territory capital city locations will be considered The Bureau has an extensive property portfolio locate [...]
- Executive Level 2 Upper, Ongoing - An attractive remuneration package may be negotiated with the successful candidate based on demonstrated skill, capability and experience. - Melbourne – other Bu [...]
Two positions available Classification: Research Officer ANU Officer Grade 5/6 (Research) and Senior Research Officer ANU Officer Grade 7 (Research) Salary package: $73,316 - $86,140 per annum pl [...]
UNSW Canberra is a campus of the University of New South Wales located at the Australian Defence Force Academy in Canberra. UNSW Canberra endeavours to offer staff a rewarding experience and offers ma [...]