We are an international company with a workforce of more than 38,500 top professionals, present in more than 40 countries across the five continents. Leaders in Innovation and Technological Development at the service of society, we’re looking for experts in designing a better planet who can go out there and promote sustainable development and find solutions to the biggest global challenges, including global warming, overpopulation and water scarcity.
Since establishing a presence in Australia in 2002, ACCIONA have invested more than AUD$1 billion through local investment opportunities and project development. As a national business ACCIONA employs more than 1,000 people in its renewable energy,
infrastructure and water projects across the country.
The MacIntyre Wind Farm Precinct will be ACCIONA’s biggest renewable energy facility and one of the largest onshore wind farms in the world. By greening Queensland's electricity mix, the MacIntyre wind complex will help the state meet its decarbonisation commitments and climate change mitigation strategies.
The project involves the design and construction of over 2.5 million cubic metres of bulk earthworks and civil works to create over 220 Km’s of roadways and access tracks to 182 turbine locations. The project scope also includes construction of 182 concrete foundations, and electrical reticulation for the site, including the construction of 3 substations and other operational facilities. The scale of the MacIntyre project makes it one of the largest wind farms in Australia.
ACCIONA are seeking a Construction Manager for our Macintyre Windfarm project in QLD. The position can be either local to Warwick, QLD or drive in, drive out on a 10/4 roster. Reporting to the Senior Construction Manager, this role is responsible for ensuring the effective coordination and control of Engineering Works for a designated Project through activities of technical, engineering, inspection, scheduling, planning, survey, procurement and quality control based on ACCIONA standards.
Key accountabilities include, but are not limited to:
- Ensures that the appropriate resources (including personnel) are in place with delegated responsibilities to guarantee quality procedures are integrated
- Ensures that the project teams execute all aspects of the project works in accordance with quality requirements (e.g. all non-conformances and defects closed out)
- Oversees the implementation of the safety plan for the project
- Ensures that the appropriate project safety personnel are in place with delegated responsibilities
- In conjunction with Human Resources identifies gaps in safety and knowledge/skills for the project and targets training to bridge gaps
- Conducts quarterly project reviews addressing performance against budget and covering key deliverable areas including, contractual, systems and program involving appropriate corporate parties within the business
- Jointly with the Area Manager remains financially responsible and accountable for the project profitability
- In conjunction with the Project Director provides project vision, sets profit targets and project objectives for self, team and company
- Reviews and analyses aspects of key aspects of constructability with respect to design development
- Develops open communication channels with the Design Manager and Design Team
- Maintain project schedule by monitoring project progress; coordinating activities; resolving problems
- Prepare project status reports and change orders
Required Skills and Competencies
You will have completed relevant tertiary qualifications in Engineering / Construction with demonstrated experience in a similar role on a major project. Having high attention to detail, excellent communication skills and demonstrated experience in leadership will see you succeed in this role.
How to apply
All applications need to be submitted formally and all the pre-screening questions answered.
To be eligible for consideration all applicants must be an Australian Citizen / Australian Permanent Resident / New Zealand Citizen or hold appropriate work rights to work in Australia and be willing to undertake the necessary pre-employment checks which could include a Medical and a National Police Check.
Applications via Agency Recruiters will not be accepted.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and promote equality and diversity. Indigenous Australians and candidates from minority groups are encouraged to apply.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Spotlight has grown to become the largest fabric, craft, party and home decorating superstores. Starting as a single dress fabric stall at Queen Victoria Market, we have now grown to over 130 stores a [...]
Our Company:- Carr Farming is a local family owned and operated poultry farming enterprise. Established at this site in 2014, our farming operations now comprise 40 modern broiler sheds. Carr Farming [...]
Seeking a experienced broiler farm manager for a high performing commercial poultry farm. The applicant must have proven experience of running a broiler operation under RSPCA. Knowledge of farm mainte [...]
Spare Parts Assistant to the Manager Average 45 hrs p/week. Above award rates with penalties. Full time position with overtime each day. Murgon Qld 4605 About the role: BZE are seeking to employ [...]