About Autism Queensland
Autism Queensland provides specialised education, therapy and support services for people of all ages on the autism spectrum and their families. For further information please visit www.autismqld.com.au.
About the Role
Our specialised multi-disciplinary Education Support and Therapy Services team has an opportunity for qualified, committed and passionate Behaviour Support Practitioner to provide positive behaviour supports to children and adults on the autism spectrum. Support services may include 1:1 sessions, group intervention programs, school based consultancy, home and community visits.
This role is being offered on a permanent full-time basis, commencing asap.
Part-time will be considered for the right candidate, with potential for flexibility with start and finish times depending on client and service needs.
While the primary base is at our Sunnybank Hills site, the role will require some flexibility to work at our Brighton site at times, dependent upon the needs of clients and the service.
To access the full position description, please visit the Work With Us page on our website - https://autismqld.com.au/page/positions-available.
Skills & Experience
- Minimum tertiary qualifications in Psychology, Speech Pathology, Occupational Therapy, Social Work, Education or other relevant field
- Demonstrated proficiency in accordance with the NDIS Quality and Safeguards Commission Positive Behaviour Support Capability Framework
- Demonstrated working knowledge and understanding of evidence-based practice regarding the delivery of positive behaviour support within diverse environments, including home, school and community
- Demonstrated working understanding of the relevant legislation, policies and procedures and standards impacting on the delivery of services for people across a range of contexts
- Demonstrated Case Management skills including establishing effective helping relationships, conducting assessments, developing intervention plans and working together with clients to provide support and meet identified needs
- Demonstrated commitment to person-centred approaches and contemporary principles of service delivery within a context of the National Disability Insurance Scheme
- Prior experience in using the NDIS Quality and Safeguards behaviour portal
- Prior experience in submitting Positive Behaviour Support Plans to the Office of the Public Guardian or Chief Delegate
- Evidence of current Covid-19 Vaccination
- **NDIS Worker Screening Clearance & WWCC Blue Card (paid workers)
**Jobseekers are unable to apply for a clearance prior to being engaged with an employer. Therefore, please advise your current clearance status and should your application progress to the next stage, the required employer information will be provided. For additional information, please visit https://workerscreening.dsdsatsip.qld.gov.au/resources/workerscreening/worker-combined-app.pdf
Culture & Benefits
- Work for an organisation whose vision is to create a life of participation, opportunity and choice for people on the autism spectrum.
- Be part of a multi-disciplinary team and work collaboratively with Specialist Teachers, Speech Pathologists, Psychologists & Occupational Therapists.
- Great work-life balance + up to 5 weeks annual leave
- Inspiring workplace with passionate and supportive colleagues and leaders.
- Enjoy the financial benefits of our generous salary sacrificing program
- Great professional development opportunities!
How To Apply
If this opportunity is of interest to you please apply asap! Your application should include:
1. A cover letter identifying the reasons for your application and accompanying resume
2. Details of current relevant Professional Registration/Membership, Blue Card & NDIS Worker Screening Clearance as relevant
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Image Courtesy of of Hills State High School About Hills State High School Hills SHS is a well-established school located in the bayside city of Redlands.ur leafy campus provides a learning environm [...]
Versent is an Australian-born technology company, focused on architecting, building & operating cloud native , data streams, platforms and services. solutions are centred around AWS and best of breed [...]
Versent is an Australian-born technology company, focused on architecting, building & operating cloud native , data streams, platforms and services.ur solutions are centred around AWS and best of bree [...]
Image Courtesy of Stretton State College out our school Stretton State College is a large, diverse and inclusive P- College with a predicted enrolment of 3420 students in .ur College is built on a [...]