The Hollard Insurance
Established in 1999, Hollard is part of the Hollard International Group of companies and is an award-winning insurer in Australia and New Zealand.
Hollard is an Australian owned and operated Insurer, helping to secure the lifestyles and assets of over 1.2 million customers and has 800 employees. Hollard underwrites a wide range of innovative insurance products including home, contents, motor, pet, and commercial insurance solutions through deep partnerships and strong proprietary brands.
Hollard is committed to creating a flexible work environment that values diversity and inclusion because it creates innovation, improves productivity and boosts profitability.
People with disabilities are an important component of a diverse pool of talent and we are determined to draw from this valuable resource. We actively seek to hire disabled employees, as well as people with differences in gender, ethnicity, orientation, age, background, geographical/rural/remote location, disrupted work history due to career or other breaks and abilities, because of the value and cognitive diversity they bring to our workplace.
The Finance Team overall manages Hollard’s financial wellbeing and provides regular on time and high-quality financial reporting to management, regulators, shareholders and other key stakeholders.
Your duties & responsibilities
In this position, you will report to the Head of Business Finance and provide Finance support to the Business, primarily (but not limited to) the Distribution Channel Teams.
Your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Working with the Head of Business Finance and other relevant stakeholders to support the financial aspects of the Distribution and other operational Teams.
- Assisting the Head of Business Finance to provide Corporate Development Finance support.
- Taking a lead in ensuring that accurate and timely Business Partner reporting is provided.
- Support the Business Finance team in engaging the business regarding the performance of the Business Partners of Hollard
- Support the Business Finance team in engaging the wider Finance teams to ensure that accounting records represent accurately the terms agreed with the Partners.
- Support the Business Finance Team in ensuring that the business has current and updated signed terms in place. This may require engaging with broad Hollard teams to achieve the objective.
- Support the Business Finance Team in developing processes that enable the team to provide insightful information to the business and embedding yourself in the actions that may arise from such engagement.
- Support the Business Finance Team and the Management Investment Committee (MIC) in preparing the Quarterly Strategic Investments Report
- Support the Business Finance Team and the Management Investment Committee (MIC) in preparing investment committee papers for consumption by the business
- Support the Business Finance Team in monitoring the following aspects of Hollard NZ
- Monthly, Quarterly, Semi-annual accounting performed by the Financial Operations Team
- The preparation of Tax returns by the Financial Control
- The preparation of regulatory returns by Financial Control
- The preparation of Financial statements by Financial Control
Your knowledge, skills & attributes
At least 5 years of relevant experience, coupled with relevant tertiary qualifications and membership of professional Accounting and/or Financial institutions.
Skills acquired or inherent abilities
- Financial analysis
- Root cause analysis
- People management
- Stakeholder management
- Team player with inclusive and development-based approach
- Ability to re-prioritise on continuous basis as required
- Task oriented and focus on meeting deadlines
- Influencer style in working with wider finance community
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Senior Financial Accountant - Scotpac Business Finance Ltd Focused on meeting the requirements of internal and external stakeholders, including shareholders, regulators, board/executive, profession [...]
Our client is a large Government Agency based in the heart of the CBD but currently working from home.hey are looking to recruit a Grade 9/10 Senior Accountant who will be responsible for financial ac [...]
Dynamic and fast paced retail environment Galvanise your financial accounting in our rapidly growing global business Fantastic Culture and work perks A little about us Bras N Things is Australia' [...]
MIA Telecomms Pty Ltd is a leading telecommunications distributor specialising in unified communications.have national offices and distribution facilities with a global distribute on reach.are rapidly [...]