Shire of Mornington Peninsula
- Join a rapidly growing not-for-profit organisation committed to social justice
- Wintringham promotes ongoing training and professional excellence
- Competitive pay rates: $27.12-$29.10 per hour (dependent on qualifications) + 25% casual loading + super
- Access to Salary Packaging
- Casual role
- Based in Frankston (VIC)
Who are we?
Wintringham is a not-for-profit organisation providing an extensive range of aged care, housing and related support services to men and women aged 50-plus who have been homeless or at risk of homelessness. We employ over 830 staff and operate from multiple offices across Melbourne, Hobart and regional Victoria. Located in Frankston,
Angus Martin House is a Supported Residential Service that provides care and support for 45 men and women. We promote independence, and our team of staff are on site 24 hours per day to assist and maximise the health and wellbeing of our residents, whilst respecting their options, dignity and rights.
Your new role
Wintringham is currently seeking an experienced and proactive Personal Care & Support Assistant with the ability to administer medications to join our tight-knit and friendly team at Angus Martin House on a casual basis to cover an array of morning, afternoon and night shifts.
Your responsibilities and duties will include:
- Provide support to residents as set out in support plans in areas such as personal care, housekeeping and other activities of daily living
- To undertake medication management and treatment procedures as directed by the Site Manager or supervisor.
- To assist in the development of individual care plans
- Provide quality services in a manner, which maintains and enhances the independence of residents and maximises their lifestyle options
- Providing emotional support to residents
- Some preparation and serving of meals as well as domestic duties such as cleaning.
Wintringham’s response to COVID-19
Resident and staff safety is paramount to us at Wintringham. Throughout the COVID-19 pandemic, we have and will continue to ensure that our staff are supplied with the resources they need to guarantee they are working in a safe and risk-averse environment. If you gain employment with Wintringham, you will be provided with all necessary personal protective equipment in accordance with the advice from the Department of Health & Chief Health Officer throughout your working day. We have strict social distancing restrictions and cleaning regimens in place at our residential sites to ensure that thorough infection control is maintained at all times.
What we will require from you:
Successful applicants will have a Certificate III/IV in Aged Care/Individual Support with completion of medication administration unit (HLTHPS006 - Assist Clients with Medication). It is essential that applicants have excellent communication skills and an understanding of the special needs of older people. Your qualifications and skills will be further supported by:
- Prior experience in Aged Care (preferred)
- Prior experience working with people from a financially disadvantaged/homeless background (highly advantageous)
- A non-judgmental approach with the ability to work with people from varying socio-economic backgrounds
- A caring approach
- An understanding of the special needs of older people
- Current CPR & First Aid certificates
What’s in it for you?
We are committed to offering an enjoyable, safe and flexible workplace that provides a work-life balance. When you are working with Wintringham, you will have access to the following benefits:
- Access to exclusive not-for-profit salary packaging: salary package your personal expenses up to the amount of $15,900.
- Flexible working hours: Whatever your circumstances are, we have an array of morning, afternoon and night shifts that are available to you.
- Continuous development: we believe in giving our staff the skills they need and will keep you up to date with yearly qualifications such as behaviour management, first aid, CPR and manual handling. We offer many growth opportunities and have a strong internal recruitment program.
- Free access to wellbeing services + discounts to retailers: When you are employed at Wintringham, you will have access to our Employee Assistance Program, Staff wellbeing portal as well as discounts to some of Australia’s leading retailers.
Applicants must disclose if they are currently working at another Residential Aged Care facility. There are current government directed guidelines that restrict Aged Care workers from working with more than one provider.
This sounds great! How do I apply?
For more information about this role, a copy of the Position Description can be accessed via our website. Enquiries can be made to Mark Lorenzi (People & Culture Business Partner) on (03) 9376 1122.
Applications can be directed to Bernadette Eddelbuttel (Site Manager – Angus Martin House) and submitted by clicking the apply button. You will be redirected through to our website to commence your application.
Please upload your documents in PDF Format
Applications close at 5:00pm on Monday 6th December 2021
Successful applicants will be required to undergo a NDIS Screening Check and Police Records check. Refusal to provide your information to both of these parties will prevent Wintringham from being able to continue with your application.
Applicants who have lived in a country other than Australia for a period longer than 12 months in the last 10 years may be required to undergo an International Police Check.
The Victorian Chief Health Officer has issued directions to help contain the spread of COVID-19 and help keep Victorians safe, including directions to make the COVID-19 vaccination mandatory for employees that are required to attend a workplace. Successful candidates will be required to show evidence of being fully vaccinated prior to commencing employment with Wintringham.
Wintringham is an Equal Opportunity employer. Everyone has a right to feel welcome, respected and valued. The safety of all older people is paramount; we have zero tolerance for family violence including elder abuse.
Wintringham proudly acknowledges Australia’s First Peoples as the Traditional Owners and Custodians of Country. We pay respect to all Aboriginal Elders past, present and emerging.
Inclusion makes our community and Wintringham stronger.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Urgently looking for disability support workers in Mornington on a casual basis, with consistent hours. Good remuneration based on experience. Great working environment on the peninsula. Work ranges f [...]
Bass Coast Health Wonthaggi Permanent Part Time Endorsed Enrolled Nurse Aged Care - Kirrak House Position available -must be available to cover AM & PM shifts, sometimes at short notice Appl [...]
Bass Coast Health Wonthaggi Permanent Part Time Registered Nurse Grade 2 Aged Care - Kirrak House Permanent Part-Time Position – 0.8 EFT Applications are invited from Registered Nurses to [...]
Granger Estate Agents is seeking an enthusiastic, motivated sales professional to add value to our dynamic residential sales team. We are looking for a person with the right energy, drive and attitude [...]