Department of Regional NSW
- Fixed term, full-time position until 30 June 2023
- Location negotiable across the Murray or Riverina LLS regions
- Salary starting from $113,343 pa + super
- Lead a team of professionals to deliver best practice native vegetation land management outcomes across the Murray Local Land Services region
We encourage applicants from all backgrounds including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, culturally and linguistically diverse groups, the LGBTIQ+ community, veterans, refugees, and people with disability. We support an inclusive workplace where staff have access to opportunities and resources at all levels, enabling our team members to drive innovation, productivity and delivery of high-quality services.
We provide dignified access to reasonable adjustments both during the recruitment process and in the workplace. If you require reasonable adjustment during the recruitment process, please call or text the contact for this role.
Are you passionate about helping farmers manage their native vegetation so they can balance sustainable development with biodiversity conservation outcomes? If the answer is yes, then apply to become the Team Leader of the Murray Local Land Services Land Management team.
About the Role:
The team you will lead work with landholders to implement land management legislation, undertake assessment of related applications, and advise landholders on best practice and their responsibilities under the Land Management Framework.
We’re looking for a leader who is passionate about rural land management and biodiversity conservation and is keen to make a difference by working with landholders to deliver land management outcomes. Check out this case study to see this work in action!
Ideally you will have:
- Previous experience and/or qualifications in Land Management (Native Vegetation clearing) regulations or similar;
- An attention to detail in reviewing documentation developed by the team;
- Previous experience engaging and forming strong relationships with landholders;
- Proven experience coordinating and influencing multidisciplinary teams to work together with a range of external and internal stakeholders to achieve regulatory outcomes;
- Demonstrated experience balancing and managing a range of competing and conflicting priorities in a politically sensitive environment.
- Current Driver Licence and the ability and willingness to travel overnight.
Having a positive and solution focused attitude, you’ll be able to think creatively and solve complex problems for both yourself and others as they arise. You’ll also be able to work autonomously with limited supervision and to get things done.
Applying is easy! Simply submit your resume and a cover letter which tells us why working as a Team Leader for Murray & Riverina Local Land Services is for you, and we’ll get back to you after the closing date.
Closing Date: Sunday 5th December 2021 @ 11:55pm.
Want to know more? Just contact Fin Martin, Manager Land Services, 0418 402 572 or [email protected] You can also download the role description.
A talent pool may be created from this recruitment action for ongoing and temporary roles of the same standard that may become available for filling over the next eighteen months. The successful applicant in this role may be required to undergo a police check, health assessment and other assessments as required.
Please note that NSW Government expects all NSW government sector employees who can be safely vaccinated with the COVID-19 vaccine to do so.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
We are looking for an experienced receptionist for immediate start to join our fun & growing Wagga Swim Hub team. The shift would be for Fridays 2.45pm- 6.45pm (and possibly Mondays 2.45pm-6.45pm star [...]
Front Office Receptionist - Full time - Work in a busy family dental practice - Work with fun, bright, and talented people - Enjoy opportunities for growth and development whilst helping us provide g [...]
Tree change opportunity in Wagga Wagga, NSW for artisan baker/pastry cook to join small team at owner- operated tradition French-style bakery patisserie. About Artisan Baker So French, So Fresh Wel [...]
About us Romano's Hotel is The Flagship of a Family hotel Group based in the Riverina with three Hotels in the region Qualifications & experience - Above average computer, Knowledge and skills - S [...]