48,000 people. 49 countries. Over 120 office locations.
We’re not just engineers. We’re a global team of data scientists, consultants, construction workers and innovators all working to create a better tomorrow. Every day, we help customers in energy, chemicals and resources get one step closer to solving our planet’s toughest issues. Climate change. The energy transition. Digital transformation. And how we can deliver a more sustainable world. Whatever your ambition, there’s a path for you here. And there’s no barrier to your potential career success.
For more information, visit Worley.com
The Role: We are looking to appoint a contract manager to be based in Melbourne,
to focus on key assets within our Renewable Energy Portfolio, specifically focusing on a portfolio of Wind Farms. Reporting to our Renewable Portfolio Manager, your key accountabilities will include;
- Overall contract operational and financial performance.
- Health and safety of all personnel and subcontractors employed within the site, plus stakeholders within Worley responsibility.
- Ensure all activities remain within the agreed budget and if any there any variations this is communicated to the relevant personnel.
- Work closely and develop strong relationships with the Health and Safety Manager, Employee Relations Manager, Executive General Manager Operations, Partners, clients and key stakeholders.
Additional responsibilities will include:
- Identify and understand the resource requirements of the contract and recruit and train the appropriate resources to deliver the contract objectives
- Maintaining and enhancing the Worley brand and reputation by ensuring all site personnel act with honesty and integrity towards all internal and external stakeholders
- Lead compliance with the support of the Company systems to ensure continuous improvement in standards for procedures and service, while providing a work environment and systems of work that secure the health, safety and welfare at work of employees
- Develop and maintain effective business relationships with all internal and external stakeholders through effective communication, responsiveness and timely action with commitments.
- Effectively implement and utilize provided maintenance systems processes and resources to ensure that Worley and our client’s business objectives are achieved.
- Foster a site work environment which promotes and encourages professional development, personal development and career opportunities.
- Provide strong leadership for direct reports and staff to ensure successful operations such that the client service requirements and the company’s business objectives are met.
- Develop the skills, motivation and resources of the site team members and monitor their performance standards and contributions to the contract and business objectives
- Develop, monitor and manage the contractual KPI’s and budgets whilst developing and implementing cost initiatives.
- Ensuring the appropriate levels of skills and expertise are available to the business to deliver a cost- effective service delivery model to our client.
- Engage and work effectively with key stakeholders and clients to deliver/exceed contract performance objectives.
- Ensuring that approved business systems and processes are fully implemented and utilized at a site level
- Work effectively with the site team to deliver the contract and business objectives
- Engage with the Operations Manager to ensure the appropriate resources, systems and processes are available an implemented to provide a work environment which promotes and delivers continuous improvement.
- Foster and lead a culture of continuous improvement and implement processes within the contract that promotes and allows creative ideas and suggestions to be identified, considered and managed through to implementation
- Support Business Development activities
To be considered for this role it is envisaged you will possess the following attributes:
- Relevant degree qualification in related discipline
- Wind Industry O&M; Experience Essential
- Proven track record in managing multidiscipline teams.
- Business Decision making and Organizational Skills.
- Knowledge of OHS&E; legislation.
- A business and technical knowledge of Power Generation.
- Strong people leadership and management skills
- Effective communication skills and an ability to influence others.
- Ability to build/maintain working relationships based on respect and trust.
- Conflict identification and resolution.
In addition to a working knowledge of the following:
- Operations, Asset Management and/or Maintenance strategies
- Contract financial management requirements.
- Detailed Engineering, Operational and Maintenance knowledge of the relevant site/plant.
- Company policies and procedures development/implementation.
- Development and implementation of client relationships strategies.
- Site/regional level IR and ER requirements and strategies.
- Performance management and systems improvement policies
- Power industry environment and applicable state and federal legislation.
- HSE Capability including demonstrable knowledge and practical site implementation of OHS&E; legislation and duty of care.
- Oversee and ensure HSE Standards are implemented and achieved.
- Develop and implement sustainable site culture and behavioral change.
- Provide HSE leadership and demonstrated commitment for site.
Benefits to you
- Join a fun and inclusive, global team of professionals
- Opportunities to progress beyond this role
- Competitive remuneration & benefits package
Worley recognizes the value of equal employment opportunity and is committed to promoting fairness, equity and diversity in its workplace hence we encourage applications from people with a variety of experience and backgrounds. In addition, we recognize that everyone’s personal circumstances differ and thus understand the importance of offering flexibility in the working arrangements of our personnel. On this basis we will consider all types of engagements models, including part time and job sharing. We also offer, the ability to purchase up to 8 weeks leave, compressed work weeks, flexible hours, working from home and accrued flex days, to ensure that we attract and retain a diverse and dynamic workforce.
You must have current unrestricted working rights for Australia to be eligible for consideration and only those candidates with appropriate qualifications and experience will be contacted directly.
Please note: If you are being represented by a recruitment agency you will not be considered, to be considered you will need to apply directly to Worley.
Make a real difference - witness the results - be a part of the Worley journey today!
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
The Safety Focused Performance Joint Venture (SFPJV) is a delivery team comprising of Abergeldie Complex Infrastructure (Abergeldie), Downer Group (Downer) and Stantec Australia (Stantec) - together w [...]
Who are we? MadeComfy is an award-winning property management and hospitality company specialising in short-term rentals. We enable property owners to participate in the shared economy boom by rent [...]
THE ROLE We are looking for an energetic and enthusiastic Operations Manager committed to developing a culture of safety, innovation and professionalism, where our team are customer focused and enjoy [...]
This CBD based Audit Practice is looking for a technically strong Audit Manager or Audit Senior Manager to join its thriving audit and assurance team on a contract basis. An outstanding opportunity to [...]