Who are we?
On any given day, 2.5 billion people globally use Unilever products to feel good, look good and get more out of life. Our products range from 400+ brands which include Lipton, Dove, Lynx, Omo, Surf alongside innovative, and purpose-led brands like Ben & Jerry’s, Streets, Continental and many more, giving us a unique place in the lives of people all over the world.
A job at Unilever is a career made by you, with development opportunities, benefits and a working culture that embraces diversity. We have a proud heritage in Australia since 1919 and a thriving, sustainable business today, so there's never been a better time to join us.
About the Team
The Engineering Department is a support department to the factory.
Support in terms of mechanical engineering, process engineering and electrical engineering is provided to the manufacturing and packing areas within the factory. The role of the Automation/Controls Engineer is to provide professional services in technical tasks, manage the design, selection, procurement, installation, and commissioning of equipment required to meet the company’s manufacturing objectives and process improvements.
The Automation Engineer shares responsibility for cost estimates and for controlling project expenditure that will involve external contact with suppliers and contractors. It will also necessitate close co-operation, participating in and leading teams made up of members from several different departments
- Provide specialist advice and service in the areas of Electrical and Controls Engineering.
- Plan, prioritise and review automation improvement work with production teams.
- Deliver projects and electrical and control elements of new installations.
- To design, cost, specify, schedule and commission assigned projects for capital works and maintenance programs as required by the Maintenance Engineer
- To provide support to factory control systems where these are computers or PLC based to ensure that production requirements are met.
- Development, training and adhering to the principles of machine design to ensure precise delivery of improvement and project work.
- Carry out activities with due regard to the Company’s safety and environmental policies.
- Ensure all project and improvement work and systems on site comply with regulations
- Assist with the constant development and reviewing of site electrical safety standards and ensuring these are trained out and adhered to.
- To support the training of tradesmen and plant operators in the effective use of systems installed in the plant.
- Provide Manufacturing / Production Leaders with the latest information on changes to the factory.
- Assist the site electrical technical leader in providing information and guidance to all staff in electrical safety. (Including hazardous areas)
What You Will Bring
- Relevant years’ experience working in a manufacturing environment, preferably with process improvements.
- Demonstrate interpersonal skills and be able to communicate at all levels.
- Must have a degree in Electrical or Mechatronic Engineering or Electrical trades certificate with relevant years’ experience in manufacturing.
- PLC programming
- Strong organisation skills
- Must possess good diagnostic and analytical skills and be able to apply them effectively.
- Experience in materials handling, manufacturing processes
- An understanding of the fundamentals of process design.
What awaits you at Unilever
The core of Unilever’s culture is captured as Human, Purposeful, Accountable. You will be joining a dynamic, flexible, and inspiring work environment that truly cares about your wellbeing, values what you do and celebrates your success.
This is your opportunity to be part of a purpose-led business and a global community where you can progress your career both locally and internationally. You will also benefit from amazing discounts on external company products, attractive employee referral reward program amongst other benefits.
This is a great opportunity to work within an iconic and global organisation. We have gained our reputation as one of the world's most admired employers by providing an environment where individuals can achieve their goals, both professionally and personally.
Make no mistake we expect a lot from our people as they do of us. So, if you can rise to the challenge, don't waste any time - apply now!
If you require reasonable adjustments for the application and recruitment process, please advise us on .
Unilever is an organisation committed to equity, inclusion and diversity to drive our business results and create a better future, every day, for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business. At Unilever we are interested in every individual bringing their ‘Whole Self’ to work and this includes you! Thus if you require any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of your application so that we can support you through your recruitment journey.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Benefits: - DPA location, MM4, RRMA5 - Reduce moratorium significantly - reduce time remaining by up to half - Bulk billing clinic - privately bill procedures - 70% billings for VR GP - Group own [...]
Whales Regional Workforce is looking for 40 farm workers to join the team for the harvest in Shepparton region, .r> To be successful, candidates are expected to be No experience required Phys [...]
Whales Regional Workforce is looking for 40 farm workers to join the team for the harvest in Shepparton region, .gt; To be successful, candidates are expected to be No experience required Physic [...]
Lead the smooth transition of the Dressings business into the local GTM team for Australia, including the sourcing unit change to Tatura. Ensure the growth business case is delivered. Develop a lo [...]