ETL Data Engineer
· Join a team that’s changing how Australia lives, works, plays and grows
· We want you to be the best version of you
Work with innovative teams and explore new technologies to help solve real-world problems.
A typical day as a Data Engineer
ETL / Big Data Engineering professionals will be responsible for guiding the full lifecycle of a Data solution, including:
· Working in highly client-facing roles to contribute throughout the end-to-end delivery lifecycle of complex and large-scale digital solutions
· Use case and business case development
· Support existing and new applications utilizing in-depth technical and data knowledge.
Troubleshooting complex issues and providing advisory services to improve the client’s data landscape
· Help to streamline and simplify the clients’ complex data landscape by integrating different applications and data architectures
· Implementation from requirements analysis, platform selection, digital architecture design, application design and development, testing, and deployment
· Interstate travel may be required
- Experience across systems integration, information management, data management and architecture, and business analytics
- Experience with being in a team focusing on large-scale, multi-release information centric projects
- Experience with waterfall and agile delivery and run / application support functions
- Part of a team working on End to end implementation of at least 1 big data project
- Hand on experience in Data warehousing using ETL tools such as DataStage, Autosys and TeraData
- Hands on experience in ETL job development with multiple stages like sequential file, Transformer, Lookup, join, sort and Database stages.
- Strong hand on skills in design, development and implementation of various data remediation, Data migration, data integration techniques.
- Strong hand on data modelling experience.
- Strong hands on experience in database performance tuning including complex query optimizations and physical database tuning using Teradata.
- Understanding of architectural designs and strategy related to data migration, data cleansing, data quality and data consolidation.
- Proven data analysis, requirement gathering and problem-solving skills
- Exposure to Unix environment and shell scripting.
- Experience in Banking and Financial services industry
- Desirable: Knowledge of cloud computing infrastructure ( Amazon Web Services EC2, Google Cloud, Microsoft Azure)
Salary range for this role $80K - $110K
Accenture is a global professional services company with leading capabilities in digital, cloud and security. Combining unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries, we offer Strategy and Consulting, Interactive, Technology and Operations services—all powered by the world’s largest network of Advanced Technology and Intelligent Operations centers. Our 514,000 people deliver on the promise of technology and human ingenuity every day, serving clients in more than 120 countries. We embrace the power of change to create value and shared success for our clients, people, shareholders, partners and communities. Visit us at
At Accenture, our philosophy is anchored in recognising that our people are multi-dimensional. We take an intersectional human approach to create a work environment where all people feel like they can bring their authentic selves to work, every day.
We believe that equality drives innovation. Our commitment to accelerating equality starts at the top with our board and CEO and extends across every part of the company. This comes to life when our people own the equality agenda, making it part of their jobs – every decision, every day – and feel free to speak up and to act.
We do not tolerate discrimination because of differences, such as age, ability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, religion, or sexual orientation. We want a workplace that is inclusive and diverse to that end we are setting bold goals and taking comprehensive action. To achieve these goals, we collect infomation that allows us to track the effectiveness of our Inclusion and Diversity programs.
Learn how Accenture protects your personal data and know your rights in relation to your personal data. Read more about our Privacy Statement.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Versent is an Australian-born technology company, focused on architecting, building & operating cloud native applications, data streams, platforms and services. Our solutions are centred around AWS an [...]
Job DescriptionDesired skills• Good experience and knowledge of Teradata• Comfortable working with large data sets in Teradata Warehouses and ETL tools.• Extensive SQL and Teradata experience, C [...]
Job DescriptionJob Description Certifications:• Splunk Certified Admin (Must Have)• SPLUNK Certified Architect (Highly recommended)Responsibilities:• Designs, build and optimizes the Splunk plat [...]
Great humans needed. Combine the best of your ingenuity and Cloud technologies to build a better world and lead clients towards change. Join us and do extraordinary things. About you:As a Data Enginee [...]