Government of Western Australia
Independent Public School - North Metropolitan Education Region Wembley Downs Primary School Cleaner 00008476 Level 1, $987.00 - $1,006.60 (pro-rata) per week (GS (Misc.) GA 2021)
Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS704976
This is a twelve (12) month fixed term, part-time (0.52FTE) position commencing Term 4, 2021 with possible extension and/or permanency
Wembley Downs Primary School (PS) are seeking a dedicated and enthusiastic Cleaner to join their friendly team.
The successful applicant will carry out internal cleaning duties, including the maintenance of carpets and hard floor surfaces, toilet cleaning, furniture and fittings, window cleaning, dusting, and rubbish removal. They will perform external cleaning duties,
including the cleaning of verandahs and covered areas, rubbish removal, cleaning of drinking troughs, window cleaning, and removal of cobwebs. They will also complete vacation cleaning duties, including the stripping and sealing of vinyl floors, window cleaning, shampooing of carpets, pressure cleaning of verandahs and undercover areas, maintenance of gymnasium floors, and other such duties as required by the Cleaner-in-Charge.
Wembley Downs PS community aims to provide learning experiences that support academic achievement, emotional resilience and social competence, guiding our students to become lifelong learners and responsible citizens. Our motto supports a vision of quality partnerships between teaching and non-teaching staff, students, parents and the wider school community. The successful applicants will become part of a friendly and supportive team and a welcoming work environment.
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
For further information about Wembley Downs Primary School please visit or .
For further job related information:
Please contact Kerry Blechynden, Manager Corporate Services, by telephoning (08) 9222 9300 or emailing
During the school holiday period, please contact Kerry Blechynden on (phone hidden). If there is no answer please text the mobile number and Kerry will return the phone call as soon as possible.
Our aim is to make it easy for you to apply!
Your application should include:
- A detailed CV outlining your work history and experience in the context of the role. Your CV should include two (2) work related referees, one being your current Line Manager and;
- A cover letter of no more than one (1) page. Please provide one example from your past experience that best shows your knowledge, skills and abilities in cleaning a room or surface. Include the:
- steps you took to clean the room or surface
- chemicals used on each material
- machinery used; and
- action taken to maintain your safety and the safety of others.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready before applying for this job as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time,
To submit your application, select one of the following options:
- Click on the “Apply for Job” button located at either the top or bottom of this screen. You can then complete the online application form and attach your documents.
- If you do not have access to a computer, or require help using one, you can visit the school during office hours (Monday to Friday, between 8:30am and 3pm) to use a school computer, with technical support available from school-based staff. Please contact the school to arrange a suitable time. Support staff are not available to assist with the content for your application.
Please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
Applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
If you are having trouble submitting your online application , please contact the Recruitment System Support team on (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement
- Complete the Department’s online training in manual tasks and hazardous substances within three months of commencement
- Complete Fundamentals of Cleaning training as soon as practicable
- Complete any other training specific to this role required by Departmental policy
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 15 October 2021
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.
You can view and print these PDF attachments by downloading .
WORK TYPE: Fixed Term - Part Time FTE: 0.52 LOCATION: Wembley Downs CLOSING DATE: 2021-10-15 4:30 PM
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.