Government of Western Australia
Independent Public School - Pilbara Education Region Baler Primary School Cleaner Pool Ref IPS/SS706114 Level 1, $987.00 - $1,006.60 (pro-rata) per week (GS (Misc.) GA 2021)
Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS706114
Do you have ‘attention to detail’ and thrive on a challenging ‘hands on’ role?
Baler Primary School (PS) is seeking to establish a pool of Cleaners for appointments to permanent and fixed term, full-time and part-time vacancies which may arise during the 2021 and 2022 school year. Appointments can be made from the pool at any time for commencements within the 2021 school year, up to the end of Term 4, 2022.
The successful applicant will carry out internal and external cleaning duties including the maintenance of carpets and hard floor surfaces, toilet cleaning, furniture and fittings, window cleaning, dusting, rubbish removal and other items of general cleaning. You will also carry out vacation cleaning duties, including the stripping and sealing of vinyl floors, window cleaning, shampooing of carpets, pressure cleaning of verandas and undercover areas and other such duties as required by the Cleaner-In-Charge. At least one applicant will be appointed with an immediate start.
Baler PS is in the Pilbara Education District and is a large school in the South Hedland area. The school was officially opened on 9th June 1975. The school is set in lush, green, tropical gardens which provide a welcome and tranquil environment enjoyed by all.
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
For further information about Baler Primary School please visit or .
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available
For further job related information
You are encouraged to contact Donna Nordmann, Manager Corporate Services, for further information about this employment opportunity, including information about living and working in South Hedland, by telephoning (08) 9172 8400 or emailing .
During the school holiday period, please contact Donna Nordmann on 0409 290 075.
Our aim is to make it easy for you to apply!
Your application should include:
- A detailed CV outlining your work history and experience in the context of the role. Your CV should include two (2) work related referees, one being your current Line Manager and;
- A cover letter of no more than one (1) page. Please provide one example from your past experience that best shows your knowledge, skills and abilities in cleaning a room or surface. Include the:
- steps you took to clean the room or surface
- chemicals used on each material
- machinery used; and
- action taken to maintain your safety and the safety of others.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready before applying for this job as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time,
To submit your application, select one of the following options:
- Click on the “Apply for Job” button located at either the top or bottom of this screen. You can then complete the online application form and attach your documents.
- If you do not have access to a computer, or require help using one, you can visit the school during office hours (Monday to Friday, between 8:30am and 3pm) to use a school computer, with technical support available from school-based staff. Please contact the school to arrange a suitable time. Support staff are not available to assist with the content for your application.
Please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
Applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
If you are having trouble submitting your online application , please contact the Recruitment System Support team on (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy;
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment;
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check;
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- Complete the Department’s online training in manual tasks and hazardous substances within three months of commencement;
- Complete Fundamentals of Cleaning training as soon as practicable;
- Complete any other training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Wednesday, 13 October 2021
PROFORMA AND LATE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED
You can view and print these PDF attachments by downloading .
WORK TYPE: Permanent - Part Time, Permanent - Full Time, Fixed Term - Part Time, Fixed Term - Full Time FTE: 0.1-1.0 LOCATION: South Hedland CLOSING DATE: 2021-10-13 4:30 PM
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
South Hedland, WA We currently have a position available working on a secondment into the Main Roads team in South Hedland on a fixed term, salaried contract until 7 June 2023. A salary uplift, ac [...]
Click apply or contact Cocoa Lynch on 02 8877 8742 for a confidential discussion. Email [email protected] Highlights: - CHARGE VR RATES - 70% Billings with an earning average of over $500k [...]
Benefits: - DPA, MM6, RA4 location - halve your moratorium - Sponsorship available - Family health, women's health, men's health, chronic disease management, occupational health, indigenous health, [...]
Independent Public School - Pilbara Education Region Hedland Senior High School Education Assistant - Special Needs 00001864 Level 2/3, $28.59 - $33.09 per hour (EA (Gov) GA 2021) Advertised Vac [...]