Economist / Policy Analyst – Federal Financial Relations
- Join a world-class organisation
- Make a difference to the people of NSW
- Leverage your economic policy skills
Offers exposure to a stimulating and wide range of policy issues and influences the direction of public policy
- Employment Type: Ongoing
- Work Location: Sydney CBD
- Classification / Grade / Band: Clerk Grade 7/8
- Hours Per Week: 35, Flexible working options available
- Remuneration: $99,431 - $110,064; plus Superannuation and Leave Loading
- Additional Benefits: Salary Packaging and Fitness Passport available
- Applications Close: Tuesday, 5 October 2021 at 9:59 am
About The Opportunity
Join a highly collaborative, flexible, and inclusive team in a world-class organisation.
This role offers exposure to a stimulating and wide range of policy issues and the opportunity to influence the direction of public policy as part of a highly collaborative team. For example, you will be undertaking quantitative analysis and policy development in relation to housing affordability, cost of living, future of work, and remote working.
Your typical day-to-day work includes preparing original research and publications for the NSW Productivity Commission; identifying reform opportunities and options; undertaking cost-benefit analysis to determine whether reforms would deliver a net benefit and progressing specific reforms through the Cabinet and legislative process.
This role liaises extensively with other areas within Treasury, with NSW government agencies and equivalents in other jurisdictions across Australia, and with external stakeholders.
Ideally you will possess the following skills and experience.
- Strong understanding and experience in policy development and the application of economic frameworks and critical perspectives in the provision of analysis and advice on diverse policy issues.
- Relevant tertiary qualifications and/or experience in a relevant field.
- Demonstrated ability and desire to work collaboratively as part of a team and strong interpersonal skills
- Experience in managing competing priorities to ensure delivery of key deliverables within tight deadlines and to a high standard
- Effective communication skills that allow you to clearly convey technical and complex information and analysis in different ways (verbal, written and visual) appropriate to the audience and its purpose, and work collaboratively with stakeholders across government.
About The Team
The Economic Strategy and Productivity (ESP) Group within NSW Treasury has responsibility in shaping the economic strategy and narrative in NSW and influencing the future direction state federal relations and tax policy in NSW.
The Economic and Revenue Analysis Division is responsible for monitoring and forecasting the NSW economy and revenues, providing policy advice on the State’s revenue measures and strategies, and engaging with other jurisdictions on federal financial relations.
About NSW Treasury
As the NSW Government’s principal financial and economic adviser, Treasury’s role is to enable the Government to deliver its promise to support the people of New South Wales (NSW) and look forward with a renewed ambition to forge a brighter future in a prosperous and confident post-pandemic economy.
As part of our vision to become a World Class Treasury, we believe Treasury has a primary role in supporting and investing in our key partners (service delivery clusters).
Our responsibility includes lifting financial management capability and culture across the sector and supporting the NSW Treasurer’s priorities: economic growth, achieving fiscal repair and delivering economic reform, working swiftly to produce implementation plans for each priority.
Visit the NSW Treasury website for further information about our structure and functions:
A talent pool may be created through this recruitment process. A talent pool represents a group of applicants who have been assessed and identified as suitable for this role or similar roles and who may be considered for a range of similar roles, including temporary, term or ongoing roles, over the next 18 months.
How to Apply!
Submit your application ONLY via the I Work for NSW jobs platform which should ideally include:
- An up-to-date resume detailing your knowledge, skills, and experience in relation to the role.
- A cover letter that explains your alignment with the “essential requirements” as shown in this attached role description ; accessible for download from the I Work for NSW website.
Lodge your application by clicking on the ‘Apply Online’ button on the advertisement. Accept the website redirection to NSWconnect and click on the ‘Apply Now’ button to submit your application.
Contact in confidence: Prony Melvin [email protected]
To be eligible to apply for ongoing employment within the NSW Treasury, candidates must be an Australian citizen or permanent resident of Australia.
The successful candidate will be required to undergo a National Criminal Record Check and provide confirmation of academic qualifications before commencement.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Flexibility
NSW Treasury is committed to reflecting the diverse communities we serve through an inclusive and flexible workplace.
We welcome applications from all ages and genders, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disabilities, LGBTQI+ and diverse ethnic and cultural backgrounds.
People with a disability are supported to access adjustments in recruitment processes and the workplace. If you require an adjustment during the recruitment process, we welcome hearing from you.
Close of applications: 9:59 am Tuesday, 5 October 2021
Show more Show less
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
12 month initially. Client side Project manager MUST have retail/commercial experience Your new company A leading National Project Management consultancy Your new role As the client side [...]
About U&u; We are an award-winning, Queensland Headquartered recruitment firm with a strong focus on hiring only the very best talent. We have a team of over 100 incredible staff across four office [...]
Role Title: Senior Project Officer Employment Type: Full Time, Temporary (up to 24 months) Role Classification: Crown Clerk Grade 9/10 Remuneration: $113,343 - $124,901 p.a. (plus superannuat [...]
Job Description Position Purpose The Design Engineer will work in the Sydney design office, as part of a team and is responsible for creating concept and detail designs in order to produce compl [...]