AGL is changing and with change comes great opportunity
At AGL, we believe progress is powered by our people.
For more than 180 years, AGL Energy has been at the forefront of energy innovation in Australia. Now, we’re moving ahead with a new chapter as we look to create two new leading energy companies who will build on strengths of AGL today and play an equally important but different role in Australia’s energy transition.
With our eyes on the future, we’re investing in new ideas, partnerships and infrastructure – renewing and expanding our portfolio of sources and products to make them more sustainable, reliable and affordable for our customers.
As we evolve,
we’re looking for people with diverse perspectives, backgrounds and talents to build their careers with us.
By being part of our story, you will play an important role in helping Australia transition to a cleaner and more connected tomorrow.
About The Role
- Excellent Grad Program with Australian owned energy company
- Develop skills and gain experience across a diverse power generation portfolio
- Training, mentoring, and support to work toward Chartered Engineer Status
AGL is committed to helping shape Australia’s energy future. Part of this is developing the next generation of industry professionals. This role offers a unique opportunity for an engineering graduate to develop their skills and experience across a diverse power generation portfolio.
As part of the offering, the successful applicants will participate in a Graduate Development Program, offered by Engineers Australia, and benefit from training and mentoring. During this program you will also have the opportunity to earn points toward your status as a Chartered Engineer.
Our 3 year Graduate Program develops Graduate Engineers by placing program participants in multiple rotations in different engineering positions across AGL’s Integrated Energy business. The graduate will rotate four (4) times for nine (9) months each into a new engineering team.
This exposes the Grad to different assets, locations, teams, business units and types of engineering positions.
The Four Primary Sites Where Rotations Occur Are
- Bayswater and Liddell Power Stations, Muswellbrook NSW
- Loy Yang Station or Loy Yang Mine, Traralgon VIC
- Torrens Island and Barker Inlet Power Stations, Adelaide SA
- AGL Corporate or other, NSW, SA or VIC pending suitability and interest
What you’ll be doing:
- Operate as a part of the engineering teams and perform tasks and duties as relevant to the sites
- Work with the engineering teams to perform asset management, maintenance and optimisation of plant, systems and equipment
- Participate in development and implementation of engineering strategies to support business goals across
- Participate in all required training and mentoring provided as part of the graduate program, and undertake all tasks and duties of the program, including rotation of teams and sites to provide the most comprehensive learning experience
What you’ll bring to the table:
- Recently completed a degree in Engineering (electrical, mechanical, civil structural & chemical preferred)
- A strong desire to develop a career within the power generation industry
- Safety as a core value and an understanding of operational site safety requirements
- Strong planning and organisation skills
- Excellent communication skills
- A continued desire to learn and work in new environments and with different teams and equipment
- ESSENTIAL: Must be able to relocate and live at each rotation for 9 months, graduate housing is provided when required
This role will commence in January 2022.
Please note - unsolicited resumes from agencies will not be accepted by AGL.
Inclusion at AGL
At AGL, all employees are encouraged to be themselves and to bring their whole selves to work every day. We encourage applications from Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people, people living with disability, culturally and linguistically diverse people and people of the LGBTQ+ community, including transgender, gender diverse, and intersex people.
AGL has a commitment to maintain a diverse workforce, and welcomes the opportunity for applicants to share their lived experiences. We also recognise that some applicants may not wish to disclose, and we respect their decision. To learn more about reasonable adjustments that can be offered throughout the recruitment process, please visit: http://www.agl.com.au/-/media/aglmedia/documents/about-agl/who-we-are/our-committments/210719_reasonable_adjustments_guideline_2021.pdf
Job Family Group
Proudly Australian for more than 180 years, AGL supplies around 4.5 million energy and telecommunications customer services*. We’re committed to becoming a leading multi-product retailer, making energy and other essential services simple, fair and transparent. AGL operates Australia’s largest private electricity generation portfolio within the National Electricity Market, comprising coal and gas-fired generation, renewable energy sources such as wind, hydro and solar, batteries and other firming technology, and gas production and storage assets. We are building on our history as Australia’s leading private investor in renewable energy to now lead the business of transition to a low emissions, affordable and smart energy future in line with the goals of our Climate Statement. We have a passionate belief in progress and a relentless determination to make things better for our communities, customers, the Australian economy and our planet.
- Services to customers number is as at 31 December 2020 and includes Click Energy and 100% of approximately 300,000 services to customers of ActewAGL, in which AGL owns a 50% equity stake of the retail operations.
Show more Show less
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Metricon Homes, a leading multi award winning new home builder is committed to recruiting outstanding individuals who share our passion for delivering quality, service and award winning living solutio [...]
Support Workers | 3x Permanent Part-Time and 1x casual opportunities Supported Living - Traralgon At Aruma, we support people with disabilities to live great lives. It’s the reason we exist – af [...]
Programmed Skilled Workforce are currently seeking an experienced MR Truck Drivers for our client, based in Traralgon.r> This is an exciting opportunity for someone who would like to Drive HR tru [...]
Programmed Skilled Workforce is a leading provider of staffing and training services. - Must be available Monday - Friday - Located in Morwell, VIC. - Customer Focused Programmed Skilled Workforce [...]