A career at Arup offers you the chance to make a positive difference in the world. Independently owned and independently minded, we attract a diverse mix of people to work on ground breaking projects around the world.
We are truly global, and our 15,000 planners, designers, engineers and consultants around the world deliver innovative projects with creativity and passion.
Arup offers a comprehensive consultancy service for all types of highway projects across the globe. Our experience ranges from feasibility studies and planning through design and supervision of construction to the maintenance of completed projects.
Our project teams undertake work on a variety of projects from urban and rural highways.
You will be a key part of our Highways team covering a broad range of skills relating to road design. You will be responsible for undertaking design and consulting services for various major road projects and related areas.
The primary focus of this position is to lead and be involved in the technical delivery of projects and drive the development of business within the Highways Engineering market sector for the Infrastructure Group in the Perth office
As a senior member of the team within the WA Infrastructure Group you will be expected to manage and co-ordinate resources and will be given responsibilities for training, mentoring and appraising the performance of staff
What you need
- Relevant tertiary qualifications
- Achieved chartership with Engineers Australia or with equivalent association in other countries
- Substantial knowledge and experience in highways engineering consultancy and design
- Strong commercial acumen
- Ability to undertake high level analysis
- Sound communication and interpersonal skills (including formal and informal presentation, written communications and reports)
- Keen understanding of “customer” needs (both internal and external)
- Sound knowledge of the constructability implications of designs
- Substantial knowledge of the local marketplace, including critical issues and a sound client network in the WA market
- Experience in managing key projects, including the management of multi-disciplinary project teams
- Demonstrated experience in the consulting engineering environment, including the ability to advise clients on cost-effective, sustainable solutions
Arup will continue to enhance your technical and interpersonal skills by providing structured learning and development programs as well as support your professional development. With the joint knowledge of your existing experience and that gained through Arup, you will be contributing to the overall expansion and continued success of the group.
We’re here to shape a better world, and for us ‘better’ is all about creating a more sustainable future for the world. If you are interested in helping us shape a better world, please click “Apply Now” to submit your online application.
“It is not the wish to expand, but the quest for quality which has brought us to this position… to do work of quality, we must have people of quality. There are many kinds of quality, and there are many kinds of job to do, so we must have many kinds of people, each of which can do their own job well.” Ove Arup, 1970.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
CSA Global, an ERM Group company, is a geological, mining and management consultancy that provides strategic mining services and independent corporate advice to mining and exploration companies, and f [...]
Overview / Responsibilities Wood is currently seeking Project Managers in order to grow its Perth Mining & Mineral group to meet the large demand in critical metals projects.We are offering full time [...]
The Opportunity The GIS Consultant role reports to the Digital Engineering Manager based in Melbourne.We have several opportunities for recent graduates as well as experienced consultants to join us i [...]
Overview / Responsibilities Wood is currently seeking Project Managers in order to grow its Perth Mining & Mineral group to meet the large demand in critical metals projects. We are offering full time [...]