We have an exciting business - delivering cutting edge products and solutions to our mining and construction customers across the globe, and solving the ever-increasing safety, sustainability, productivity and profitability challenges of the market. Sandvik Mining and Rock Technology has over 14,000 employees across 9 different divisions and 14 sales areas, including a market leading digital and automation offering.
We are seeking motivated and customer focussed individuals for the role of Operations Field Support. you will be required to perform all necessary daily activities that are associated with servicing of a Sandvik rock tool supply Cost Per Metre contract,
including compliance with all relevant operating procedures and policies, work scopes and contract documents. The role will be based at our client’s site, Olympic Dam mine and will be a residential role based at Roxby Downs. The roster is 7:7 Thursday - Wednesday.
Some Of The Requirements Of The Role Include
- Perform the daily delivery services of product to each drill site
- Remove all worn and damaged rock tools from the drill sites
- Analyse the condition and/or failures and discuss with the operators
- Replenish circuit stock on each rig to the established levels
- Complete analysis of failed product and report any abnormalities to the Product Support Manager and/or Sales Representative
- Perform the sorting, gauging, cutting back, grinding and colour coding of used drill bits
- Perform the refurbishment of blocked and bent drill rods
- Valid manual Drivers license.
- Police Clearance upon application.
- Ability to safely lift a minimum of 40kgs.
- Work Rights.
- FIFO roster reliability.
- Fitness / Capacity for work assessment (employment medicals arranged by Sandvik required), including a Drug & Alcohol test.
- High Customer focus and positive service orientation and attitude
- Able to perform independently and in teams.
- Adaptable and resilient.
To succeed in this role
You will have aptitude for learning and manual skills; receptiveness to training and guidance; safe behaviours; and, effective communication and collaboration skills. These will be the foundation of your progression to the ROTO activities you will be required to perform.
What We Offer
- An Employee Benefits Program including salary sacrifice options, and a Length of Service Recognition program.
- Annual Bonus.
- Company funded paid parental leave which includes superannuation contributions during the leave period.
- Training opportunities for employees – from internal programs to contributions towards external studies
- A Sandvik Wellness Program for employees’ who want to improve their health and wellbeing
Our Company And Culture
We conduct business in a sustainable and responsible manner. To achieve this, we always act in line with our high ethical standards, putting safety first, and always showing consideration for the environment and the communities in which we operate. The safety and well-being of our employees and the environment are our core values. Finally, we care about others and build relationships based on honesty, respect, and trust.
At Sandvik, we believe in finding that perfect mix between work, family life, and interests, and we happily support our employees in balancing this. For us, it’s also clear that our diversities form an amazing foundation for achieving great results. Visit our stories hub, LinkedIn, Facebook, or Work180 to get to know us further. Sandvik is proud to be a Work180 Endorsed Employer for Women.
We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and people from culturally diverse backgrounds.
At Sandvik, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly, and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and we encourage applications from women and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
Applications close: 3 October 2021
07 3621 1823
Sandvik is a high-tech and global engineering group offering products and services that enhance customer productivity, profitability and sustainability. We hold world-leading positions in selected areas – tools and tooling systems for metal cutting; equipment and tools, service and technical solutions for the mining industry and rock excavation within the construction industry; products in advanced stainless steels and special alloys as well as products for industrial heating. In 2019, the Group had approximately 40,000 employees and revenues of about 100 billion SEK in more than 160 countries within continuing operations.
Show more Show less
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Position Descriptor:The executive administration support officer is accountable to the school principal for contributing to the effective administration and management of the school by providing of a [...]
Are you a SA-based HSE Advisor - have a look at this great opportunity! ICE Engineering and Construction, part of the E&A; Limited group of companies, is a specialist Electrical and Instrumentati [...]
job details Woomera is a town of historical significance owned and managed by the Australian Government, Department of Defence. Woomera is located approximately 500 km Northwest of Adelaide and suppo [...]
Hourly Rate + KMS Monday - Friday Flexible Hours Managing your territory of stores within the Corporate Grocery and Specialty Retail Sector, where you will be merchandising a wide variety of leading b [...]