Bain & Company
What Makes Us a Great Place To Work
We are proud to be consistently recognized as one of the world's best places to work, a champion of diversity and a model of social responsibility. We are currently ranked the #1 consulting firm on Glassdoor’s Best Places to Work list, and we have maintained a spot in the top four on Glassdoor's list for the last 12 years. We believe that diversity, inclusion and collaboration is key to building extraordinary teams. We hire people with exceptional talents, abilities and potential, then create an environment where you can become the best version of yourself and thrive both professionally and personally. We are publicly recognized by external parties such as Fortune, Vault, Mogul, Working Mother,
Glassdoor and the Human Rights Campaign for being a great place to work for diversity and inclusion, women, LGBTQ and parents.
What You'll Do
The purpose of this role is to recruit Consultants to join Bain’s Australian Practice from top local and global MBA business schools and Advanced degrees (e.g. PhD) programs. This role involves working closely with the Recruiting Manager, Global Recruiting team, Recruiting Partner, HR/PD team and members of the Consulting staff who have recruiting responsibilities.
In addition this role will also work closely with the Specialist responsible for Associate Consultant (undergraduate) recruiting to provide support and ensure cohesive programming for the Recruiting Department.
Recruitment Planning & strategy
- Drive the development of Bain Australia’s MBA and Advanced degree recruiting plan including strategy for global and local school recruiting based on office targets; create a specific strategy including, event participation and resource requirements. Present plan to recruiting VP for input and final approval.
- Drive Bain’s marketing strategy, including digital marketing, by developing Bain’s overall brand awareness in the local market and partner with global recruiting team for the international talent markets with an emphasis on brand-building, premium recruit experience and a focus on diversity recruiting
- Work closely with the regional and global recruiting teams to sport the international business school recruiting calendar ensuring Bain Australia’s representation and participation in select events, and appropriate marketing initiatives
- Manage the annual recruiting calendar for local MBA business schools and advanced degree programs including the marketing/on-campus strategy and operations of the company across targeted schools; scheduling of events and presentations
- Evaluate success of recruiting season; prepare and analyse statistics on overall yield, school success, etc. and present recommendations for changes and improvements to Recruiting VP.
- Develop and manage office recruiting budget for MBA & Advanced degree hiring.
Candidate Relationship Management
- Own relationship management process, focusing on identification of priority recruits and facilitating connections with Bain employees during the full recruiting cycle.
- Coordinate communication & correspondences with recruits on a regular basis. Maintain incoming inquiries, applications, and generate appropriate responses in a timely manner
- Manage the overall candidate selection and interview process, including interviewer and candidate travel
- Review and screen candidate applications with consulting staff and selection teams.
- Set up interview schedules, select interviewers, attend on-campus and in-office interviews, run debriefing meetings, determine next step decisions and manage the communication of decisions to candidates.
- Utilize the applicant tracking system (Avature) for data entry, event management, candidate data & reporting in a timely & accurate manner
- Manage the closing process for all Australian offerees, including training for colleagues and other closers. Manage and track all communications with offerees and help determine next steps.
- Manage all logistics for Offeree Weekends including planning the agenda, scheduling speakers, participants, and assigning one-on-one meetings to address individual recruit issues.
- Manage the Summer Associate program working with SA Program Manager; in addition to the Advantage Program; plan and manage all event logistics, PD activities and performance review/offer decision process.
- Support undergraduate recruitment campaigns as required throughout the year
- Informal mentor / support to more junior members of the Recruiting team
- Thought leader and advisor on recruiting practices and programs, partner with diversity affinity groups
- Participate as an active member of the regional and global recruiting teams; provide input on initiatives, participate as member on initiative teams and drive implementation of regional or global initiatives in Australian offices.
- At least 3 years’ recruitment experience in graduate recruitment or professional recruitment managing end-to-end recruitment, including stakeholder and candidate management preferably within a professional or financial services organization
- Previous experience in recruitment marketing, event management or program management would be highly regarded
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Strong computer literacy (Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel) and database management
- Results oriented with exceptional organisational skills and attention to detail
- First class communication capabilities with outstanding presentation and written skills and the ability to communicate at all levels
- Strong team player, collaborative and flexible
- Creative flair and the ability to provide innovative and pragmatic solutions
- Motivated and enthusiastic - genuinely interested in recruiting
- Resilient, with a good sense of humour
- Prepared to be flexible in terms of working hours, to meet the demands of the role
- Professional, presentable and discrete
Bain & Company is a global consultancy that helps the world’s most ambitious change makers define the future.
Across 59 offices in 37 countries, we work alongside our clients as one team with a shared ambition to achieve extraordinary results, outperform the competition and redefine industries. We complement our tailored, integrated expertise with a vibrant ecosystem of digital innovators to deliver better, faster and more enduring outcomes. Our 10-year commitment to invest over $1 billion in pro bono services brings our talent, expertise and insight to organizations tackling today’s urgent challenges in education, racial equity and social justice, economic development and the environment. Since our founding in 1973, we have measured our success by the success of our clients, and we proudly maintain the highest level of client advocacy in the industry.
Please note due to current Australian government immigration and travel restrictions in place because of COVID-19, only applicants with Australian working rights are able to be considered.
Show more Show less
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
- An exciting time to join NSW TrainLink and be part of an unprecedented investment in NSW integrated transport - 1 Fixed Term role until Aug 2022 based in the Haymarket, Sydney (Central Station) [...]
Summary Lead a team of solution consultants and support to focus the design, development and alignment of solutions and services for Business, Enterprise & Government customers. Overview You [...]
Join a global company that leads its industry in innovation and technological development. My client has invested more than AUD $1 billion through localised investment opportunities and sustainable pr [...]
Line of Service Assurance Industry/Sector Not Applicable Specialism Risk Management Level Senior Associate Job Description & Summary With PwC, you’ll ignite a meaningful career while being [...]