NSW Department of Planning, Industry and Environment
Do you want your work to make a difference for NSW?
Together, we create thriving environments, communities and economies.
- Aboriginal Identified opportunity
- Exciting role providing a range of support whilst working collaboratively in a team environment
- Permanent full-time opportunity (flexible work arrangements) based in Parramatta, or a range of other regional office locations by negotiation
- Salary relative to experience, and ranges from $ 74,117 to $81,158 + super
Our Water Group is currently seeking to appoint a Knowledge Support Officer (Aboriginal Identified) to provide support on an Aboriginal Information Management Framework which aligns with the Premier’s Closing the Gap Initiative.
This is an Aboriginal Identified role where Aboriginal identity, cultural knowledge or connections are a genuine aspect of the role. Positions are specifically noted under the provisions of the NSW Anti-discrimination Act (1977).
This role involves coordinating project management and support services within timeframes and across multiple teams. You will have strong prioritisation and time-management skills, with proven experience delivering results. You will also have autonomy and adjust your own workload and priorities in line with organisation procedures.
This is an excellent opportunity for an individual who has strong communication skills and experience working cooperatively in a team setting. We also offer career development and advancement opportunities. The team you will be working in is responsible for creating innovative and engaging knowledge products that help us improve the way we manage water in NSW.
- Sensitivity to and understanding of Aboriginal Culture and an excellent understanding of Aboriginal community governance and structures.
- Knowledge, respect and understanding of Aboriginal cultural issues.
- Applicants must be of Aboriginal descent through parentage, identification as being Aboriginal and accepted in the community as such. Aboriginality is a genuine occupational qualification and is authorised under Section 14(d) of the Anti-Discrimination Act 1997.
- For more information read the full Role Description: Knowledge Support Officer (Aboriginal Identified)
- For more information hit Apply to visit the www.iworkfor.nsw.gov.au website.
The Department of Planning, Industry & Environment ’s (DPIE) vision is to create thriving environments, communities and economies for the people of New South Wales. We strive to be a high-performing, world-class public service organisation that celebrates and reflects the full diversity of the community we serve and seeks to embed Aboriginal cultural awareness and knowledge throughout the department.
In our inclusive and accessible workplace, differences are embraced, contributions are valued, and everyone has a sense of connection and belonging. DPIE supports various employee affinity groups, practice flexible working, offer job share and workplace adjustments. We are committed to the Premier’s Priorities and welcome applications from all.
The Water Group leads the NSW Government in providing confidence to communities and stakeholders with the transparent stewardship of water resources, provision of services and reforms that support sustainable and healthy environments, economies and societies across NSW.
If excited by the information above, we look forward to receiving your application, including a copy of your resume and cover letter expressing your interest and suitability for the role.
Applications close Sunday 19 September 2021 at 11:55PM.
Should you require further information about the role please contact Mel Bradbury via [email protected] or on 0436 321 205.
A recruitment pool may be created for ongoing and temporary opportunities of the same role or role type that may become available over the next 18 months.
Looking for more information or assistance in applying?
Our Diversity Team Can Assist To
- provide alternative formats to apply
- make adjustments to the recruitment process
- offer information about workplace adjustments and support networks
- If you are an Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander check out Our Mob on Country https://www.dpie.nsw.gov.au/premiers-priorities/our-mob-on-country to see the work we do and get assistance in applying.
We encourage people with disability to apply. If you have disability and require more information on adjustments and assistance to apply, contact the Diversity team on [email protected] (please include reference number)
Find us on Facebook , Instagram , and LinkedIn .
Show more Show less
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Aboriginal Education and Wellbeing Advisor, SEO2 (ETS) - 210935 - Identified-00008IQ6 Temporary full-time appointment up to 30 January 2025 Location: Maitland About the role Providing strategic su [...]
<p style="margin: 0cm 0cm 0pt;;;;;;;;;;;;"><span style="color:#000000;"><span style=""><span style="margin:0cm 0cm 0pt;"><b>Temporary full-time appointment up to 30 Janua [...]
Project Manager – Digital / Applications Digital Revenue - Revenue NSW - Temporary Opportunity for?18?months with a possibility to extend or move to Ongoing - Implement and support?an Appl [...]
This rewarding opportunity will see you working across many specialities across some well known hospitals throughout Hunter New England.s an Endorsed Enrolled Nurse/Registered Nurse you will be a valu [...]