Coles Supermarkets Hawthorn East
Requisition ID 17368
Employment Type Full time
Good things start here
This could be the very first step towards an exciting new career with us – a fresh beginning. At the Coles Group, these are moments we live for.
Starting good things is what drives our purpose to sustainably feed all Australians so they can lead healthier, happier lives. With a team of 120,000 people and an iconic portfolio of Australia’s most trusted brands, we’re perfectly positioned to turn a promising start into a whole lot more.
About The Role
The engine room of our business, our Central Operations team keeps us moving and delivering our services to all Australians.
We empower and support our retail teams across the country, helping them deliver great experiences for our customers every single day.
We’re looking for an exceptional Commercial Analyst to join our team.
What You’ll Be Doing
You’ll play a key role supporting management in developing store workforce planning targets, including the modelling of cost per hour, team mix and non-productive hour targets.
You’ll be provided with a national remit, so it’s essential you’re comfortable with occasional travel.
Other ways you can make an impact include
- performing analysis and formulating recommendations for project initiatives
- developing risk mitigation strategies to ensure effective decision making and maintained system effectiveness
- preparing recommendations to be presented to remuneration governance
- identifying tactical opportunities, especially in seasonal events, sizing the opportunities and formulating recommendations on execution
- providing a summary of key insights, from an operational perspective
Good things you’ll need
- good understanding of resource planning and rostering principles
- strong analytical / statistical data analysis skills
- the ability to relate detail to big picture requirements and succinctly present recommendations
- an understanding of engineered work standards
- a passion and focus on continuous improvement
- the ability to work effectively in cross functional teams, developing strong relationships, sharing knowledge and coaching others on metrics
- proven experience in retail/store operations (preferable), combined with strong knowledge of MS Office suite skills
We’re committed to making this a great place to work, from day one. From flexible working arrangements to discounts across all our internal brands (including 5% off at Coles supermarkets!), there are plenty of reasons to love working here. Explore all this and more at our Coles Careers website.
Coles Group is an endorsed employer for all women. See our range of benefits and policies directly at WORK180
For Everyone Who Shares Our Passion
We encourage applications from people of all ages, nationalities, abilities and cultures – including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, the LGBTQI+ community and people living with disability. We’re happy to adjust our recruitment process to support accessibility needs – so reach out to us at www.careers.colesgroup.com.au > Careers for everyone > Disability employment.
We’d love to meet you
If you have the skills, experience and motivation to succeed in this role, please take the next step and submit your application.
Show more Show less
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
About the role Reporting to the Financial Technology (FINTEC) Support and Incident Lead, this role will see you manage and support any issues across Coles’ payment platforms, and offer ongoing reso [...]
Coles Supermarkets Hawthorn East Requisition ID 30460 Employment Type Full time Good things start here This could be the very first step towards an exciting new career with us – a fresh [...]
Coles Supermarkets HAWTHORN EAST Requisition ID 30019 Employment Type Full time Good things start here This could be the very first step towards an exciting new career with us – a fresh [...]
About the role A fantastic opportunity to join our Property, Marketing and Export Finance team has arisen on a permanent basis. As the Business Analyst to these areas, you will partner and support th [...]