Local Unit & Position Description
If your answer to these questions is “yes”, then we'd love to chat!
- Are you passionate about renewable energy and playing a role in the energy transition?
- Do you love to delve into complex problems and use your excellent technical skills to work out practical, robust, high-quality solutions?
- Are you great at building insight and understanding from careful analysis of feature-rich data sets?
- Do you have a knack for using engineering or simulation models to predict the behaviour or characteristics of complex systems?
- Are you logical, creative, and organised, and able to get things done efficiently and effectively?
- Are you always looking for new and better ways of tackling technical challenges?
- Do you enjoy being able to clearly and concisely communicate the outcomes from your work to those who need it most?
- Are you ready to be part of an experienced, caring, friendly team who want to work cooperatively with you to realise great outcomes?
In the Project Development & Analytics team, we help our Customers to develop, approve and finance renewable energy projects, by using our technical skills to conduct high-quality analyses and provide robust answers to difficult questions . We're predominantly engineers with a knack for skilfully using and building tools and models to get the answers we need.
We're busy , and so we're looking for someone to join us in a graduate to senior level role.
Here are some of the things we do . It would be great if you already have experience with some of these tasks, but if not, we can teach you.
- modelling and mapping to better understand the wind and solar resource across countries, regions or sites
- using sophisticated GIS-based analysis to identify promising sites for the development of utility-scale wind and solar projects
- designing efficient wind and solar farms considering complex constraints
- creating effective wind resource monitoring plans, incorporating remote sensing devices such as lidar and sodar
- performing detailed investigative data analysis of wind and solar measurements
- providing assurance on project viability through pre-feasibility and red-flag assessments
- conducting greenfield site visits to appraise the characteristics of potential development sites
- producing defendable preliminary and bankable wind and solar energy production assessments to provide confidence for developers, investors and financiers
- executing industry-leading CFD models to help understand complex flow behaviour
- using tools to predict impacts such as shadow flicker, glint/glare, electromagnetic interference, noise, blade throw and visual impact, to support planning applications for wind and solar projects
- providing trusted advice as an expert witness at planning hearings.
As well as the technical elements of our work, we are continually engaging with various customers and stakeholders, including developers, investors, financiers, planning authorities and others. Some of the other important non-technical parts of our work include:
- engaging with customers to establish how our capabilities can help answer their questions
- preparing proposals including scope, scheduling and budgeting
- executing projects successfully through careful project management
- preparing effective, high-quality technical reports and presentations
- delivering insightful presentations to customers or other industry stakeholders
- explaining and discussing important results and outcomes from our work with customers or other stakeholders.
Finally, and on a more personal note:
- We are a welcoming and supportive team who value the benefits and strength that come from diversity.
- We have strong local and global heritage and we regularly work with knowledgeable and experienced colleagues from around the world.
- We offer competitive renumeration and allowances, including paid and unpaid parental leave, life and salary continuance insurance, and flexible working arrangements.
- We’re focussed on staying at the forefront of the industry though regular investment in research and innovation, and are supportive of employee development.
- We’ve worked hard to stay close and support each other during the past year, when we have all increasingly had to work from home, and look forward to extending the same support to you throughout whatever challenges the coming years present.
If this appeals to you, we’d love to talk about whether you could find a place in our team.
- Bachelor’s degree (or higher) in engineering, science, renewable energy, meteorology, maths, physics, data science or other relevant discipline.
Knowledge, skills and experience required for the position are:
- Excellent technical skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong data analysis skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work effectively with colleagues in a team environment
- Flexibility, adaptability, and creativity
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Word and Excel.
- Able to live and work in Australia
Experience in, or familiarity with, any of the following would be great, but is not essential:
- Experience in the renewable energy industry.
- Experience with the analysis, development and/or design of utility scale wind and/or solar energy projects.
- Experience utilising wind and/or solar resource and plant modelling tools.
- Proficiency in one or more high-level programming languages (e.g., Python, Matlab, VBA).
- Experience building tools or software for solving technical or engineering problems.
- Experience with mesoscale atmospheric modelling and/or Computational Fluid Dynamic (CFD) modelling.
- Experience with one or more Geographic Information System (GIS) software packages (e.g., QGIS, ArcGIS, MapInfo, Global Mapper).
- Familiarity or experience with simulation or modelling tools.
- Familiarity with software packages or tools for statistical analysis.
- Familiarity with machine learning concepts.
- Experience with the permitting or planning process for wind and solar projects.
- Project management skills and experience.
- Experience with building and maintaining professional relationships with customers.
- Experience in developing proposals for work, including budgets, appropriate contractual terms, and undertaking negotiations on scope and price with customers.
- Normal office environment, involving regular walking, sitting, bending, twisting, standing and reaching.
- Some domestic and international travel to other company office locations, site locations, client offices and conferences.
- Occasional work outdoors including site visits, travelling by car up to six hours and walking on uneven terrain may be required.
Company & Business Area Description
DNV is an independent expert that provides assurance to the entire energy value chain through our advisory, monitoring, verification, and certification services. As the world's leading resource of independent energy experts and technical advisors , we help industries and governments to navigate the many complex, interrelated transitions taking place globally and regionally in the energy industry. We are committed to realizing the goals of the Paris Agreement , and supporting all stakeholders to transition faster to a deeply decarbonized energy system.
DNV has a presence in over 100 countries worldwide. In Australia , from our offices in Melbourne, Sydney and Perth, we have worked in the energy industry for over 20 years, providing trusted advice to developers, operators, investors, financiers and stakeholders of renewable energy projects .
Equal Opportunity Statement
Equal Opportunity Statement :
DNV is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to gender, religion, race, national or ethnic origin, cultural background, social group, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age or political opinion. Diversity is fundamental to our culture and we invite you to be part of this diversity.
Show more Show less
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Description Golden Plains Shire Council - - Full time fixed term until 23 December 2022' - Salary range from $70,054 to $80,945 pa plus superannuation - Contribute to the development of o [...]
Line of Service Advisory Industry/Sector Not Applicable Specialism Corporate Finance Management Level Associate Job Description & Summary With PwC, you’ll ignite a meaningful [...]
Intake Officer – Full Time Position An exciting opportunity is immediately available to join our fast-paced office full time. D'Accord OAS is an Employee Assistance Program and we are located in [...]
Opportunity Long term day rate contract to August 2022 initially with options to extend, to be based Geelong with flexible work from home and Melbourne CBD options. This organisation is highly flexib [...]