NSW Department of Education
- 8x Temporary full-time appointments for a period up to 13 October 2024
- Location: To be negotiated
The Behaviour Specialist will utilise their behaviour expertise to build the capacity of schools to support students with complex and challenging behaviour.
Please address the selection criteria in relation to the Statement of Duties for the position in your application. Please note that it is a requirement that all candidates submit their applications online. No paper based, email based or late applications will be accepted.
Permanent teachers taking up non-school based temporary appointments, the right of return to their substantive position has been extended to up to 3 years.
The current transitional arrangement for the recruitment of Non-School Based Teaching Service positions, has been extended to include all Senior Education Officer 1 (SEO1) and Senior Education 2 (SEO2) positions across the Department.
Applicants should refer to the transitional arrangements for further information.
This is a child-related role. If you are the successful applicant you will be required to obtain a Working with Children Check (WWCC) Clearance number as a condition of employment (if you do not already have this). For more information, visit https://www.kidsguardian.nsw.gov.au/child-safe-organisations/working-with-children-check and in addition your employment may be subject to the Department’s National Criminal Records Check to determine your suitability for employment.
Existing internal employees are encouraged to refer to the vacation guide for teachers taking up a temporary Non-School Based Teaching Service positions.
If you are called to interview you will need to provide the following:
Proof of Identity information
Informed Consent Form
Declaration for child-related work
Key Application Responses
- Teaching qualifications, behaviour qualifications and/ or expertise and recent school-based experience within the K-12 range
- Demonstrated commitment to participating in accreditation processes
- High level written and oral communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to maintain accurate and comprehensive written records
- Demonstrated capacity to work collaboratively and liaise and negotiate with key stakeholders
- Demonstrated knowledge of curriculum content and understanding of current trends in teaching, learning and student wellbeing
- Demonstrated ability to develop and deliver professional development programs for teachers
- Capacity to innovate, problem solve and develop creative solutions to emerging issues
- Knowledge of and commitment to implementing the Department’s Aboriginal Education Policy and upholding the Department’s Partnership Agreement with the NSW AECG and to ensure quality outcomes for Aboriginal people.
Show more Show less
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
About the Role and Practice Our client based in the Fairfield area in the western suburbs of Sydney is looking for a GP to join their growing multidisciplinary team consisting of doctors, dentists, nu [...]
AN EXCITING OPPORTUNITY TO JOIN A LEADING TECHNOLOGY COMPANY IN THE EDUCATION SECTOR AS A BDM! Your new company A not-for-profit organisation that is a leader in technology platforms and innova [...]
Sushi World at Pacific Square Shopping Centre (Maroubra) is recruiting now for experienced sushi chefs and cooks in a full-time role. We are experiencing a strong return in trade, and preparing for th [...]
Pen CS is looking for an enthusiastic Public Relations and Communications Coordinator who has experience in the fast-growing Medtech industry. About You Pen CS is seeking a highly motivated, proact [...]