Careers at Council
Northern Beaches Council -
Environment & Sustainability
Environment & Sustainability
Resilience & Emergency Management Coordinator, Permanent - Full-time Role, 35 hours per week
$115201.97 to $133884.1 per annum + super (subject to skills and experiences)
Stretching from Palm Beach to Manly, the Northern Beaches boasts more than half of all the beaches in Sydney and a population of more than 270,000. Northern Beaches Council was created in 2016 through the three councils of Manly, Pittwater and Warringah coming together to deliver the highest quality services to the community.
Exciting new infrastructure projects and community programs have quickly demonstrated the positive impact the new council is having.
Reporting to the Director Environment and Sustainability, the Resilience and Emergency Management Coordinator is responsible for the effective and efficient management and delivery of the Resilience and Emergency Management services, which includes but is not limited to:
- Leading Northern Beaches Council’s emergency management planning function in partnership with other Council staff, emergency service agencies, community safety organisations and the broader community.
- Carry out all responsibilities associated with the function of the Northern Beaches Local Emergency Management Officer (LEMO), which provides executive support to the Northern Beaches Local Emergency Management Committee.
- Development and implementation of strategic emergency management including policy, strategy, planning & research and development controls.
- Monitor and report on Council’s natural disaster mitigation programs including bushfire planning and prevention, flood planning and prevention, coastal erosion planning and prevention and community education.
- Ensuring Council’s Incident Management Team is appropriately trained and resourced to respond to incidents (including ensuring an appropriate level of organisational understanding of the role of the IMT)
- Provide and coordinate expert technical advice and represent Council in emergency management planning matters.
- Ensuring Council’s legislative/regulatory/liability obligations with regard to emergency management are met.
- Manage allocated staff and budgets on a strategic and operational basis.
- Building and embedding resilience both within the organisation and in its services/support to the community.
Please Refer To The Position Description For More Information.
There aren’t many employers who offer career and lifestyle in a single package, but Northern Beaches Council does. We offer an attractive workplace, including:
- genuine work-life balance and flexible working arrangements
- employee wellness program and a range of lifestyle benefits
- values based culture and a teams oriented working environment
- a culture of supporting continuous professional development
- high level of technological innovation and systems
How to apply:
Apply online and upload the following information
- Click on the 'Apply' button to complete your online application.
- You will have the opportunity to attach your resume and any supporting documentation.
- Please read the Position Description. You will be required to respond to the selection criteria questions online when you apply. Your response to these questions should demonstrate how you meet the requirements of this role.
- For further information, please contact Todd Dickinson on 02 8495 6320 during business hours
- Applications close on 17/09/2021
Show more Show less
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
- Ground floor opportunity in Real Estate! - Support and in turn be taught by a highly experienced Principal! - Self-disciplined, energetic, goal-driven people encouraged to apply The role of a [...]
Job Description The Opportunity: It's an exciting time to join Fitness First as we start to prepare for our NSW clubs to re-open! We are currently seeking expressions of interest from candidates in [...]
What’s the Make IT program? Our "Make It" program is a unique opportunity for professionals interested and passionate in taking a new challenge in our industry in the operations field. You'll have [...]
About us You will be working for a global leader whose products fall in to the energy and telecom industry. We are a worldwide leader in our field for quality, high tech and our extensive product ra [...]