HammondCare is an independent charity, specialising in dementia care. We're passionate about improving the quality of life for people in need and we have a wonderful group of volunteers that make a difference in the lives of aged care residents.
As a Residential Care Concierge Volunteer you'll be welcoming visitors to HammondCare Wahroonga during the current Covid19 pandemic. As you volunteer each week, you’ll be responsible for
- Welcoming visitors to aged care home.
- Review each visitor against the entry criteria.
- Provide access to visitors that comply.
- Restrict access to visitors who don’t comply and explain to them why.
- Document visitor access and those where access has been denied.
This volunteer role will suit someone who has
- Excellent customer service and communication skills- including clear verbal communication
- Empathy and patience
- Capacity to relate to a diverse range of people
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Current flu vaccination - or willing to have the vaccination prior to starting
The time commitment is at least one session either 10am-11.30am or 1pm-4pm each week for 6 months or longer. We can talk to you about a time that suits you on Monday to Sunday. We are looking to urgently fill our Wednesday 1pm-4pm visitor time slot.
We'll provide training and support from an onsite Volunteer Coordinator. Successful applicants will be required to complete a police background check which we’ll arrange.
When you submit your enquiry, please include details on why you're interested in volunteering.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
About the role: - 3-4 days per week - Week days, in between school hours - Asquith and Pennant Hills location - Scope for creativity and flexibility in this exciting new role This rewarding oppor [...]
Description and Requirements Welcome to Junior Adventures Group. We are a multi brand Education provider with leading Before and After School Care brands OSHClub, Helping Hands and Primary OSHCare. W [...]
The Role : As a HR Officer, you will be responsible for ensuring the provision of efficient and responsive HR services. Along with relevant experience, you will be responsible for day-to-day enquiri [...]
About the role ADRA Australia and New Zealand is seeking an experienced and organised Programs Assistant who will enjoy the opportunity to use their superior administrative skills to work with and su [...]