Norton Rose Llp
Achieving success through the diversity of our people
We welcome applications from all talented professionals and will consider each applicant on their individual merits. Browse through our current opportunities to find your place at Norton Rose Fulbright and apply online.
We are currently looking for a talented Senior Associate or Associate to join the Employment and Labour team in the Brisbane office.
The key responsibilities and requirements for this role are as follows:
• Represent employers in unfair dismissal, discrimination and general protection claims
• Advise on enterprise bargaining strategy and implementation
• Represent employers in industrial disputes
• Advise on disciplinary and performance issues
• Advise on workplace bullying and harassment, including investigations
• Advise on organisational restructures, commercial transactions and transfer of business issues
• Supervise and mentor junior team members
• Conduct business development and marketing initiatives, including the preparation and delivery of client training, external seminars and tender documents
• Currently acting as a Senior Associate or Associate within a well-recognised and reputable employment law practice
• Experience working across contentious and non-contentious employment matters
• Confidence to deal directly with clients and work collaboratively across the NRFA network
• Excellent written, drafting and verbal communication skills
• Proven ability to supervise junior lawyers and lead teams on matters
The successful candidate will need to be an energetic, driven and focussed individual. At Norton Rose Fulbright Australia, you will be rewarded with genuine career prospects and an excellent team environment renowned for its collaborative culture, passion for client service and professional development opportunities. Remuneration will be commensurate with relevant experience.
Norton Rose Fulbright values diversity and strives to create an inclusive culture where all our people can bring their whole selves to work. We embrace the opportunity to contribute to the communities in which we work which underpins our strong Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) program. We provide a range of opportunities in which our people can make a difference to their local and global communities including through pro bono legal work, charitable giving, volunteering and support for the environment.
We are proud that Norton Rose Fulbright in Australia has been recognised as an Employer of Choice for Gender Equality by the Workplace Gender Equality Agency (WGEA) as well as a silver employer for LGBTI Inclusion through the Australian Workplace Equality Index.
We encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander candidates to apply.
To apply online please click the 'Apply' button below. It is the policy of NRFA Group to provide workplace adjustments for qualified persons with disabilities who are employees or applicants for employment. For further information about the role, or if you need assistance or adjustments to fully participate in the application/interview process, please contact Yvette Borradale on 03 8686 6003.
If you are trans or gender diverse and would like a confidential discussion before applying, please contact Yvette Borradale (03) 8686 6003 or Scott Baker (02) 9330 8578.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Deals ESG Advisory Services - Senior Consultant Line of Service Advisory Industry/Sector Not Applicable Specialism Deals Management Level Senior Associate Job Description & Summary W [...]
Brisbane Permanent AU$60,000 - AU$85,000 Implement your previous skills and experience to continue recruitment success Provide guidance and support to new and inexperienced associate consultants A [...]
Job Description About UsInfosys is a global leader in next-generation digital services and consulting. We enable clients in 46 countries to navigate their digital transformation.With over three decade [...]
job description Randstad is partering with a well known healthcare provider in the recruitment of a SAP Functional Expert. This is a 3 month contract position located in Brisbane CBD with potential fo [...]