ISS | Institutional Shareholder Services
Governance offerings include objective governance research and recommendations, and end-to-end proxy voting and distribution solutions. Institutional clients have long turned to ISS to apply their corporate governance views, identify environmental, social and governance risk, and manage their complete proxy voting needs on a global basis. ISS covers approximately 44,000 meetings in 115 countries yearly, delivering proxy research and vote recommendations while working closely with clients to execute more than 10.2 million ballots representing 4.2 trillion shares.
ISS is currently seeking a research analyst for a full-time role in Corporate Governance Research based in Sydney to cover the Australian and New Zealand markets.
The responsibilities of the role will be primarily focused on ASX300 companies, working within the ISS Australian and New Zealand Research team to undertake analysis and prepare research reports and vote recommendations for institutional shareholders of companies in the S&P; ASX300 Index.
The role will include working closely with other ISS analysts, professionals and experts, both locally and in other ISS offices around the world.
- Work as part of the ISS Australian and New Zealand Research team to distill financial, company and corporate governance information to prepare research reports and draft proxy vote recommendations based on ISS’ policy guidelines.
- Develop and maintain in-depth understanding of compensation, board issues, and shareholder rights issues.
- Answer internal, client and company queries on research reports and discuss policy issues (after appropriate training).
- Develop market expertise in Australian corporate governance practices, investment and shareholder issues.
- Collaborate with other ISS analysts and experts globally in contributing to ad hoc reports on topical and controversial issues in the Australian and international investment markets and in corporate governance practices locally and globally.
- Work with ISS' global data, product and analytics teams as part of the data capture and research function.
- Opportunities to actively participate in various ISS working groups and/or special projects
- A possible role for recent graduates or post-graduates, although some experience in investment or financial research/analysis, law, corporate governance, executive compensation, investment or business report writing, or other business-related areas is preferred and will be a clear advantage.
- Bachelor's degree at a minimum. Degree or post -graduate qualification in Economics, Law, Finance, Accounting, or similar relevant area an advantage.
- Analytical ability and financial understanding combined with a strong desire to learn and develop.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability and desire to work within a team-oriented environment.
- Good attention to detail, good organizational skills and ability to prioritize multiple tasks.
- Moderate knowledge of MS Office and MS Excel an advantage.
- Must be eligible to work/ have full working rights in the county
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
The Company: We are currently working exclusively with a fantastic construction company who work across Fit Out, Refurbishment and New Build projects. They have been established for over 8 years [...]
Customer Liaison Officer – Permanent Full Time Great opportunity to learn and grow Permanent Full time opportunity Join a team committed to putting People at the Heart About Us Ov [...]
Just imagine your future with us… At Aurecon we see the future through a very different lens. Do you? Innovation, eminence and digital are at the heart of everything we do. Are you excited about [...]
Challenge yourself to lead campaign delivery for Qantas Loyalty Take an opportunity to grow and diversify your career Permanent role based at our Mascot Campus Qantas Loyalty is a high performing [...]