Position Title: Quality Officer
Position Type: Regular - Full-Time
Position Location: Lisarow
Requisition ID: 9822
Make your mark at Australia’s best loved desert brand as an integral member of the Quality team!
Sara Lee is Australia and New Zealand’s number one bakery and frozen dessert business. Our success is driven by good people, making good food, from good ingredients – and the result is food that makes people feel good. We use 90% local ingredients and employ people into our team who are experts in their field to ensure our product quality and consistency is delivered time after time.
We are looking for those remarkable people that share our philosophies and want to bring this to life for the benefit of our customers, and our team. With our strong Sara Lee brand legacy and history as being an employer of choice on the Central Coast, we are ready to welcome the next key member of the fami-lee.
About the role:
Reporting directly to the Quality & Environmental Manager, you will be an experienced Quality professional focusing on managing the daily continuous improvement of product quality and compliance and leading internal and external audits, in addition to supporting the quality team.
Key responsibilities include:
- As Food Safety Team Leader validate and verify all food safety and quality systems, including maintenance of the HACCP plan
- Work with operations team to drive improvement of product quality, production processes, and compliance to customer and regulatory standards.
- Lead, execute and facilitate close out of internal and external auditing.
- Daily in-process and finished products evaluation.
- Coordinate hold, release and secure destruction of materials.
- Support new product development.
- Actively drive continuous improvement in food safety and quality including complaints, incidents, GMP and overall site food safety culture.
- Investigate incidents and customer complaints, drive root cause analysis and corrective action.
- Create and uphold operating procedures.
To be successful in this role, the ideal candidate will have:
- Degree qualification in food science or related discipline
- Must have substantial experience as a Quality Assurance professional within food processing.
- Sound knowledge of all food laws and regulations, including audit level experience of GMP, HACCP and other Quality & Food Safety Management Systems (e.g. SQF, BRC, Woolworths)
- Strong computer skills, including a solid experience working with Microsoft Office.
- Experience working with SAP highly desirable.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to collaborate and support other team members and departments.
A successful candidate must also have a track record of consistently delivering results through collaboration with others and be able to demonstrate an ability to deal with multiple priorities in a fast paced environment. Essential inter-personal skills include resilience, a positive attitude and the ability to receive and give feedback in an effective manner. This will have resulted in a record of career development at previous and current employers.
To be considered for this position candidates must have the legal right to work in Australia. As part of the recruitment process candidates will be required to undertake a pre-employment medical, which will include a drug and alcohol screening. Applications must include a current resume. A cover letter is preferable to advise why you are applying and how you meet the details of the role. Please note that applications will be reviewed as received and the job advertisement may be removed prior to the closing date – so don't delay and apply as soon as possible.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
About the role We’re on the lookout for a Personal Shopper. You’ll have an awesome eye for detail, and a commitment to providing great customer experiences. Coles Online help take the time and [...]
Work close to home Flexible working hours Monday- Friday Grocery Merchandising experience preferred Execute Planograms within corporate grocery retailers in an allocated territory close to your home, [...]
Position Title: Quality Officer Position Type: Regular - Full-Time ? Position Location: Lisarow Requisition ID: 9822 Make your mark at Australia’s best loved desert brand as an integral member of th [...]
Our clients are seeking an experienced motor mechanic with at least 3 years' experience for a full time role. The person we're looking for must have: - A core qualification as a motor mechanic [...]