Australian Capital Territory
Secretariat officer to coordinate and assist high-level committee engagement and governance activities
Your new company
Hays have partnered with a number of Federal Government Departments all seeking highly experienced Secretariat and Business officers to coordinate the operations of Executive, internal and external committees and boards.
Your new role
As an experienced Secretariat, you will work closely and collaboratively with a team that is engaging with a variety of internal stakeholders and external agencies to promote key business outcomes. This role will see you coordinate all aspects of Board and Committee functions, including organising meeting logistics, managing communications,
cultivating strategic relationships, and the preparation of agendas, speaking points and briefs. As well as this, you will provide business and governance support across the wider team to ensure effective and efficient business processes.
You will also have the ability to work to tight and competing deadlines and be able to display flexibility as priorities change. You will have excellent client service skills and will be able to prepare and coordinate briefings and responses on a wide range of matters.
What you'll need to succeed
This role will draw on your ability to read, synthesis, analyse and present information in paper form to an executive group. Your ability to build exceptional, trusted and flexible relationships across all committees will be critical to your success, as well as your:
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to prepare high standard ministerial briefings, submissions, reports and other documentation as required
- Highly developed interpersonal, liaison and negotiation skills and the ability to forge reciprocal relationships with a range of stakeholders at all levels;
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate complex tasks, meet agreed deadlines and manage peak workloads;
- Adaptability and resilience in the face of high pressure workloads
What you'll get in return
In return for your dedication and hard work you'll be rewarded with:
- An attractive hourly rate contract with view for a long-term contract.
- Support and training provided by a dynamic and collaborative team.
- The ability to engage with a diverse range of stakeholders.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call or email Laura Ridler on (02) 6112 7690, [email protected]
If this job isn't quite right for you, though you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion and visit our website www.hays.com.au to review our current list of available positions.
LHS 297508 #2521688
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
- Role located in Canberra - Anticipated start date 30/8/2021 - Contract to 30/6/2022 with possible extension options - An NV1 security clearance is required for this role A Cyber Security Spec [...]
- Agile and Scrum Certifications Highly Regarded! - 12 Month Initial Contract with Possible Extensions! - Canberra Location | Government Opportunity! Overview: Our client is seeking a Senior Sc [...]
Our client, a Federal Government department is seeking an EL1 Policy Research and Analysis. This division supports and develops international and domestic frameworks on climate change, ozone protectio [...]
Our client, a Federal Government department is seeking an EL1 Program delivery and International engagement. This division supports and develops international and domestic frameworks on climate change [...]