NAB - National Australia Bank
Work type: Fixed-term Full time
Location: Aust - VIC Metro
- Great opportunity for a talented Associate External Communications
- Be a key contributor to this hard-working agile team
- 6 month fixed term contract opportunity
About the role
We’re looking for a hard-working and competent Associate External Communications to join our Corporate Affairs team. This role will be responsible for executing the Communications plan, consistent with the Corporate Affairs and NAB strategy. This includes implementing, and advising on integrated communications activity, to build trust and drive change for the benefit of customers, communities, employees and NAB.
It is an exciting opportunity for an energetic and commercially astute professional to make a difference at NAB.
What you’ll be doing
As a trusted and hands-on advisor to the group, providing guidance and support, you will assist the planning, advice and execution of activities aligned to the Communications plan. This includes developing and executing integrated communications plans and messaging tailored to relevant audiences, driving media analysis and insights, issues management and stakeholder engagement activity, as well as providing general communications support and advice to key stakeholders.
- Assist with issues management, including regularly looking for ways to build trust in NAB, aligned with NAB’s purpose, vision, values and behaviours.
- Work in collaboration across the broader Corporate Affairs team and enterprise wide key stakeholders to ensure consistent alignment of NAB’s messaging and communications activity.
- ‘Bring the outside in’, by supporting to drive business decisions that will build trust and drive change for the benefit of customers, communities and NAB, and by pursuing new, innovative and effective communications approaches.
What you’ll bring
You are an External Communications professional with relevant tertiary qualifications in journalism, communications or equivalent, who ideally has an integrated Communications background. You can demonstrate the following experience with:
- Communications/Public Relations/Customer Engagement with accountabilities for managing media engagements and/or managing external communications
- Engaging with, and managing, a variety of stakeholders both within and outside the business
- Working in a collaborative team environment to achieve Communications outcomes
- Communications planning and execution skills, including social media skills
- Understanding of the political and external environment, and how that impacts communications strategy
- Commercial acumen
We believe success comes from our people. We're committed to supporting your talent and skills through your career, as you help us build a culture that affects change for our customers - and for the community too. We have an African Australian Inclusion Program, a range of Grad, Traineeship and Internship Programs, we are proud to have dedicated $55 billion to help address climate change, be recognised as a Gold employer of LGBTI Inclusion by AWEI and be an endorsed employer for Women by Work180. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome diversity in the workplace.
From education and volunteer leave to learning benefits and banking discounts, we offer access to a wide range of employee benefits. For more information please visit here.
Are you ready to join a team where you are encouraged and supported to constantly strive and challenge yourself? Jump on board and prove yourself!
To be eligible to apply, you must have Australian or New Zealand citizenship or permanent residency status. Please apply via the link.
Please note candidate screening and interviews may be conducted prior to the closing date of the job advert.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
DescriptionWe give you a world of potential Computershare have a very rare and exciting opportunity for a Client Delivery Associate to join our team in Docklands. Here are a few things that make this [...]
Communications & Marketing Specialist (Associate / Senior Associate) Neuron is the leading shared micromobility operator in Australia and New Zealand and the company has also expanded into the United [...]
Company description In Australia, Dentons has offices across Sydney, Brisbane, Melbourne, , and Adelaide.ur expertise, attitude and accessibility attract many of Australasia's most successful and [...]
Associate Analytics Manager Trading under Publicis Media Australia Salary $75, - $80, package Melbourne ROLE The Associate Analytics Manager is accountable for producing and delivering [...]