Australian Capital Territory
APS6 Investigations Officer positions. 12-month contract in Federal Government with possibility of extension.
Your new company
This Government Department works both internally and externally to deliver policies and programs to protect Australia’s interests on both a national and international stage. With a specific focus on ensuring the effective prevention, detection, investigation and reporting of fraud. Currently they have a need for high performing APS6 Investigations Officers to join their high performing team.
Your new role
You will be brought onboard to promote integrity and accountability across the Department,
which provides a mechanism for individuals to report suspected wrongdoing within the renewable energy space. The duties of this role include the following:
- Assist with the co-ordination of complex investigations.
- Assess and triage reports of fraud, corruption and misconduct and use sound judgement to categorise the jurisdiction, complexity and seriousness of the allegations.
- Interpret and apply legislative, policy and regulatory frameworks to your work while developing and delivering high quality reports and briefing papers.
- Provide timely and accurate advice to relevant delegates and the Senior Leadership Group while maintaining accurate records using an established case management system.
- Assist with the continual improvement of internal practices and procedures and assist with other duties as needed.
- Ability to effectively engage with a wide range of stakeholders.
Successful candidates will be high-performing individuals with demonstrated experience working in investigations and compliance roles and hold a Certificate IV in Government Investigations or Diploma of Government Investigations.
What you'll need to succeed
To be successful in this role, you will have previous experience in a similar position within Federal Government or equivalent. As well as this, you will have:
- The ability to interpret and apply legislation, policy and procedure.
- Demonstrated analytical and critical thinking in the assessment, investigation and management of complex cases.
- A high level of professionalism, and a commitment to integrity and accountability.
- A Certificate IV in Government Investigations or Diploma of Government Investigations.
To be considered for this role you must be an Australian Citizen and have the ability to obtain and maintain a Government Security Clearance at the Baseline level or higher.
What you'll get in return
In return for your dedication and drive you'll be rewarded with:
- An attractive hourly rate contract with potential for extension.
- An opportunity to showcase and build your career
- Excellent support provided by a highly skilled and diverse team.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call or email Allana Leatham on (02) 6112 7690,[email protected]
If this job isn't quite right for you, though you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion and visit our website www.hays.com.au to review our current list of available positions.
LHS 297508 #2523261
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Are you committed to improving home care services for older people? Can you help the Department investigate the integrity of the Home Care Packages Program? The Department of Health is seeking e [...]
Details: Join Transport Canberra and City Services as we make Canberra attractive, safe and easy to move around. We offer rewarding careers with great benefits, where you will work on projects that ma [...]
The Organisation Airservices is a government-owned organisation providing safe, secure, efficient and environmentally-responsible services to the aviation industry. Each year we manage over four m [...]
Closes: 31 August 2021 Classification: Specialist Band 1 - 5/Senior Specialist Salary: $183,172 - $247,471 Remuneration Package - $284,320 - $383,585 inclusive of salary, applicable allowances and [...]