Bega Cheese Ltd
Bega Cheese Group is home to many trusted and wholesome food brands that are enjoyed in Australia and all around the world. Our growth story of becoming a successful ASX listed company with a turnover in excess of $3 billion and over 4000 employees, is made possible by our values and outward-looking perspective.
If you are curious & creative, invested in not only your own success but also the growth of others, and believe in building the Great Australian Food Company, then you might be the one for us!
The Opportunity & Team
Bega has an exciting opportunity for a Manager – Group Safety Reporting & Systems to join our Operational Excellence team located at the Port Melbourne or Docklands site. The role will develop,
implement, and maintain systems and reporting processes to allow effective recording, reporting and improvement of Bega’s safety performance.
Reporting to our Group Manager – Safety, the Manager – Group Safety Reporting & Systems is responsible for;
- Implementing a business-wide digital safety information and incident reporting system that captures all safety information including hazards, near misses, injuries, risk registers, interim containment, and permanent corrective actions.
- Utilising the safety information and incident reporting system to report on a variety of functions, sites and business units for key stakeholders and board reports.
- Critically analysing safety data for trends to inform decisions on safety priorities and needs.
- Ensuring safety information systems, processes and procedures are aligned to best practice and within legislative framework.
- Managing direct reports, mentoring safety professionals towards the achievement of safety goals and supporting key users of the safety information and incident reporting system
This role will be pivotal in helping to build a safety culture with a resounding common shared belief that all incidents are preventable.
If you are resilient and agile, an excellent communicator and can build collaboration across stakeholder groups, you will enjoy empowering our people to put safety first. If you are experienced in creating positive change management, and take satisfaction in untangling complex issues, you will find this role highly rewarding.
To be Successful in this Role
We look for potential, not only performance. To be successful you will be open about your strengths and weaknesses and prepared to challenge yourself. We value diversity of thinking, experiences and perspectives and listening. Bega people support each other to achieve together.
Additionally, you will have:
- Qualification/s in Occupational Health & Safety or other relevant tertiary education
- Demonstrated success at implementing a safety information and incident reporting system within a complex supply chain/operational environment
- Demonstrated experience at providing relevant, accurate and timely safety reporting within a complex supply chain/operational environment
- Experience leading and managing a small team, and ability to coach end users to utilise reporting systems
- An ability to prepare and analyse safety performance data and trends, and provide high level reporting and insights for improvement
- Demonstrated experience in participating within a safety cultural transformation program
- High level interpersonal and communication skills, including excellent written language skills
- A technical understanding of software best-practice workflows, data management and data reporting
What you can Expect
- To be part of a supportive and talented team
- Career development and job opportunities
- An excellent culture that holds true to company values
- An employer that gives back to the communities and charities we work closely with
- And amazing employee benefits such as Salary Continuance, Health Insurance subsidy, Flexible Work, Purchased Leave and access to the Employee Assistance Program to name a few.
We want to learn about you. Send us a resume and a cover letter describing your strengths and how you might apply them in this role.
Applications Close: Friday, 18 June at 5pm
We will accept applications from all people with the right to live and work in Australia.
Recruiters, we appreciate your interest, but we've got this one covered, thanks!
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Leading Digital Agency - Exciting New Projects using latest Technology •Port Melbourne location – short tram ride from CBD •Comfortable spacious offices with parking - Work and learn from [...]
Date: 20-May-2021 Location: PORT MELBOURNE, MELBOURNE, VIC, AU, 3207 Company: Goodstart Early Learning Goodstart is Australia’s largest provider of early learning and care. Founded with [...]
Calendar Cheese Company We have an amazing opportunity for a passionate Customer Service Representative to join our team. - High profile FMCG food brand - Attractive salary - Location: Port Me [...]
CMA CGM is the world's third largest container shipping company with headquarters in Marseilles, France. The Group offers a complete range of activities including shipping, handling facilities in port [...]