Format and Network Development
- Fixed term 12 month contract
- Join an innovative team of experts in the field of location planning
- Sydney (Norwest) or Melbourne based with flexible working
The Woolworths Format & Network Development Team are a national team of over 650 people, responsible for developing retail stores of the future. We’re construction people, facilities and asset management people. We’re planning & commercial people. We’re architects and sustainability people. We’re network planners, data analysts, refrigeration and air conditioning people. We are operations and training people. Together, we’re doing our part to bring fresh food and great experiences to our customers everyday.
We design through creating technology-led, retail store formats that are purpose built for our customers and teams. We innovate by focusing on sustainable energy management, technology, and working with our suppliers, service providers and operations teams to move towards a healthier planet. We maintain all aspects of our supermarkets stores through having highly specialised, skilled team members across all trades. Every decision we make is designed with our customers and teams at the heart.
The Network Planning Team’s core purpose is to bring a little good to everyone, everyday by guiding our business to renew & deliver the right space, in the right place, at the right time. We’re expanding our service offering across our business and as a result, we’re looking for Network Planners to join the team.
Working with our regional network planning managers across our brands, you will leverage spatial data & science capabilities to develop customer first store network location strategies, opportunity assessments & action plans that inform our business investment choices and effectively present these back to the business.
Key responsibilities will be:
- Strategy setting and planning for our future store network
- Developing and leveraging location insights/ catchment data to assist us in developing and evolving network expansion plans
- Applying GIS & associated spatial data analytics capability to develop action plans and strategies
- Collaborating with all business units Supermarkets, Metro, Endeavour Drinks and WooliesX to assist embedding network location strategy, opportunity assessments and ways of working.
- Developing & sharing expertise across Woolworths Group, delivering the Network planning assessment framework for priority format, renewal & acquisition projects.
- Identifying and assessing customer focused growth opportunities and providing market opportunity assessment studies (including sales forecasting) to inform investment decisions.
- Forecasting financial / non financial outcomes resulting from network changes and competitor impacts
Who we’re looking for
You will have experience in network planning, with an ability to work in a complex organisation, displaying strong interpersonal and influencing traits.
Also beneficial to your success in this role will be:
- Tertiary qualifications in Geographic Sciences, Spatial Science, Town Planning, Economics or Property Economics
- Retail location planning experience or similar
- Strong analytical skills and experience applying spatial data/GIS to solve complex business problems
- An ability to build action plans and location strategy
- An ability to adapt in an ever evolving environment
- Flexibility to travel as required in the role
- Customer strategy & insight experience an advantage
Why you’ll love it here
In addition to this exciting role, these are some of the benefits we offer:
- An attractive remuneration package
- Team member discounts at all of Woolworths businesses
- The opportunity to collaborate with some of the brightest and best minds in Australia across our brands
- Flexible work arrangements to support you to thrive
If this sounds like your next career move, apply now and explore this opportunity further.
Joining the Group
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Evolving Transport Transport for is delivering an unprecedented $72. investment into a truly game changing Future Transport strategy.e are also evolving, bringing together new and existing transport [...]
A career at Arup offers you the chance to make a positive difference in the world. Independently owned and independently minded, Arup is the creative force at the heart of many of the world’s most p [...]
A growing Super Fund & Wealth Management Business, focused on ethical investments, targeting growth sectors such as technology and healthcare as well as more traditional markets. Working with a group [...]
Digital Activation Manager (Paid Search/Programmatic) ** Google's Performance Agency of the Year 2018 & 2019, Microsoft's APAC Agency of the Year 2019, & B&T;'s Best Programmatic Trading Team and E [...]