Pepper Financial Services Group
North Sydney Council
Who We Are
At Pepper Money, we’re focused on helping people succeed. Whether that be buying a family home, dream car, developing professionally or growing their business. We aim to provide options for our customers and make a real difference to their lives.
Underpinning all that we do are our three core values:
- Can Do - We think outside the box and leverage the power of teamwork to deliver,
- Balanced - We set our customers up for success, producing win-win outcomes that are both human and profitable, and
- Real - We respect each other and our customers by keeping it honest.
Pepper Money has grown to become one of Australia’s largest non-bank lenders and has been recognised as Australia’s Best Specialist Lender over the last 9 years.
About the Role
The Technology team is looking for an experienced Data Scientist who is passionate about growing our brand and has demonstrated experience working in similar role at a mid-senior level.
The purpose of the Data Scientist role is to develop and apply statistical and quantitative principles and techniques to solve problems in a range of business areas: product development, loan pricing, credit risk and other business areas. The role will also focus heavily on proactive feedback on current methods and recommending improvements where necessary.
This will include being an SME within the business on a range of statistical methods that will assist the company in building more products, identifying niche outliers, improve underwriting policies and improve credit standards with robust statistical modelling.
This position will also require explaining the results to non-SMEs (execs included) so communication style and clarity is key.
To succeed in this role, you’ll have:
- Bachelors or Masters in Statistics, Quantitative Business Analytics, Econometics or a Quantitative Subject with stats
- Python, including all the usual processing packages (numpy, pandas etc.), modeling packages (scikit, keras etc.) and visualization (seaborn, matplotlib etc.)
- Knowledge of lending products and credit risk
- years’ of experience with a decent portion at a bank, non-bank lender or consultancy where you’ve worked in projects across credit risk, new product development and loan pricing
- Knowledge and experience of supervised and non-supervised ML methods
- Knowledge and experience of ML Ops frameworks and methodologies
- Statistical model evaluation and selection experience
- Internally and externally recognized subject matter expert that can influence the way things are done
- Other Post Graduate qualifications related to statistics or simulation
- Any additional qualifications around finance or banking
- Experience of Data Robot, Alteryx and SQL
- Knowledge of Securitization
- Knowledge and experience of macroeconomic modelling
- Knowledge of Treasury Operations
- Knowledge of optimization methods and techniques
- Experience of class imbalanced problems and how to solve them
- Understanding of enterprise data models
- Understanding and knowledge of data ingestion methods e.g. APIs, SFTP etc.
We’re committed to making Pepper Money a great place to work and in doing so we will offer you a values-based and diverse environment, a leadership team that supports and inspires you to strive for success and a culture that rewards and recognises strong performance and potential. We have a wide range of benefits on offer including:
- Flexible work arrangements
- Learning and development opportunities
- Free gym membership
- 12 weeks of paid parental leave
- Purchased leave
- Discounted loan rates
- Employee referral program
- Employee recognition program
- Extensive wellness program including free flu shots
Interested? Then we’d love to hear from you.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Two of Australia’s leading telecommunication companies, Vodafone Hutchison Australia and TPG, have come together to form TPG Telecom Limited. TPG Telecom Limited has a powerhouse of brands which inc [...]
The Opportunity Are you the kind of person that loves a challenge? Are you looking to develop your career and be part of a successful and growing team? If you answered yes to these questions, the ro [...]
- Award Winning, ASX listed, AFR Top 25 Accounting Firm - 2021 Great Place to Work® and B Corp Certified - 16 locations and 280 + staff in NSW and VIC. Kelly+Partners Group (ASX:KPG) is one of [...]
MicroChannel is a leading business technology solutions company founded in 1995 with a diverse solutions portfolio across ERP, CRM, Retail, Managed Services and business applications. A market leading [...]