- Opportunity to learn from high performing and experienced work crew
- Develop your skills in this friendly and safe team with supportive leadership
- Enjoy being home every day and taking in the beautiful Pilbara scenery
About the Role
We are looking for Electrical Maintainers (Dewatering) to carry out maintenance, breakdown and installation work associated with the Dewatering infrastructure at Tom Price , specifically in pit stand-alone power generation and submersible pump assets. This opportunity is ideal for someone with a positive ‘can do’ attitude who is looking for a rewarding role in fantastic location in the Pilbara.
Working a residential 6 days on, 6 off roster and reporting to the Dewatering Supervisor,
you will be required to (or willing to gain experience with the following):
- Carrying out scheduled Dewatering maintenance
- Installing and servicing submersible and sump pumps
- Electrical improvements
- Fault finding on electrical systems
- Providing operational feedback to Supervisors and being responsible for following Rio Tinto Iron Ore safe work practices
- Maintaining statutory electrical inspections and records as required by MSIR
- Complete Inspections to pro-actively identify issues
- Flexible and able to work within other aspects of the Dewatering department and learn new skills
To succeed in this role, you will have:
- A WA A-Grade Electrical Licence
- Electrical Trade Certificate
- A manual Australian C-Class Driver's Licence (HR desirable)
- A commitment to the safety of yourself and your team
- Strong organisational skills and the ability to prioritise multiple tasks
- A positive and energetic attitude towards your work and a strong commitment to continuous improvement
Where you will be working
In the Pilbara region of Western Australia, Rio Tinto operates the world's largest integrated portfolio of iron ore assets with industry-leading margins. Our premium product suite, including our flagship Pilbara blend, drives strong customer relationships and is supported by technical and commercial marketing expertise. The iron ore business continues to be the world's largest autonomous truck operator and a proud leader in automated mining technologies. Tom Price is located in the central Pilbara, west of Karijini National Park and is our original Pilbara mine, currently employing around 950 people mainly on residential rosters. It is known as one of the most attractive towns in the Pilbara with a high school, hospital and a high standard of recreation facilities.
What’s on offer?
- Competitive salary packages including lifestyle allowances and bonus
- Corporate rate for medical insurance cover for employees and their immediate family
- Salary sacrifice & packaging options – rental, mortgage, superannuation, vehicle
- Employee discounts – banking, accommodation, motoring, retail and more
- Rio Tinto employee share programme
- Paid parental leave up to 9 months
- A work environment where safety is always the number one priority
- Job satisfaction, where you will be a valued member of the team
- Learning and development opportunities to support your desired technical or leadership career path
- Ongoing individual wellbeing support for you and your family for personal and professional matters
As pioneers in mining and metals, we produce materials essential to human progress.
Our long history is filled with firsts. We’ve developed some of the world’s largest and best quality mines and operations, and our people work in around 35 countries across six continents. Aluminium and copper, diamonds, gold and industrial minerals, iron ore, coal and uranium: our materials make up the world around us. You’ll find them in smartphones, planes, cars, hospitals and throughout your home.
Creating an inclusive and diverse workforce
We are a diverse team of talented, enthusiastic individuals who foster a culture of inclusion. No matter how they may differ, our people share one thing in common. It’s a belief that work is more rewarding when we are accepted and valued for our differences, not judged by them. We all have something to contribute, and it’s this contribution that makes for a great organization and fulfilling career.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Scheduler – Mobile Equipment Maintenance - Be part of a group that is safety driven and values inclusion - 5:2:4:3 roster – residential or fifo for the right candidate - Permanent employ [...]
About the role All progress begins with pioneers. At Rio Tinto, it begins with you. We are looking for an enthusiastic and motivated Mobile Equipment Maintenance Planner to join our Asset Management [...]
About the role All progress begins with pioneers. At Rio Tinto, it begins with you. We are seeking a motivated and engaging individual to join our Brockman 2 Mine Operations team in the role of Su [...]
About the role We are looking for an enthusiastic and motivated Mobile Equipment Maintenance Scheduler to join our team at Paraburdoo and help us excel at safely maintaining an extensive mobile fleet [...]