Xero is a beautiful, easy-to-use platform that helps small businesses and their accounting and bookkeeping advisors grow and thrive. At Xero, our purpose is to make life better for people in small business, their advisors, and communities around the world. This purpose sits at the centre of everything we do. We support our people to do the best work of their lives so that they can help small businesses succeed through better tools, information and connections. Because when they succeed they make a difference, and when millions of small businesses are making a difference, the world is a more beautiful place. How you'll make an impact You are a leader at the intersection of product and engineering management.
You’ll maintain an environment in which your team can do their best work predictably and sustainably. You’ll make sure the team has all the information they need and the right feedback loops in place to discover and deliver valuable, usable, and buildable outcomes. You’ll help your team learn and improve, making local discoveries global. You’ll look after the health of your team and their products, aiming for resilience.
What you'll do
- Drive a culture of engagement and improvement, making sure the team understands how they help our customers and our business achieve great outcomes.
- Talk with all appropriate areas of the organization to understand the inputs, outputs, and feedback loops in your team’s value stream.
- Make sure your team understands and adheres to modern engineering practice in line with organization objectives.
- Build and maintain a positive and constructive relationship with the product owner to ensure the delivery pipeline is flowing at a predictable and sustainable pace, raising and addressing blockers as appropriate.
- Ensure the health of all the team’s products is well understood by the team, discoverable by the wider organization, and able to be addressed should problems occur.
- Ensure the health of your team is monitored, that all members of your team are empowered to raise ideas and concerns, and that everyone contributes to improvements in how the team works together.
- Ensure that your own stream of work is sustainable, delegating where appropriate, and asking peers and your manager for help.
- Spend a proportion of your time improving your knowledge and skills in line with goals set with your manager.
- Meet regularly with your reports, drive each of your people to become the highest performing version of themselves they can be, using a variety of techniques which may include performance feedback, career development, coaching and mentoring.
- Spend a proportion of your time on people-focused tasks, including recruitment, leave and expense approvals and management.
- As needed, review and manage performance, remuneration and facilitate any remedial actions.
This will be a mostly remote role, what does that mean for you and what are the expectations for the team and Xero? We need people who are strong, open, and effective communicators with a high reliance on documentation; We need people who are enthusiastic motivators, who understand the mental challenges of being a remote worker; We need people to take accountability for maintaining ways of working and a strong team social culture whilst not being in the same physical space; We need people who are open to semi-regular travel to a common location at least once a quarter, and our product hub in Melbourne for major events.If this sounds like you, let’s chat!Why Xero?At Xero we support many types of flexible working arrangements that allow you to balance your work, your life and your passions. We offer a great remuneration package including shares plus a range of leave options to suit your well-being. Our work environment encourages continuous improvement and career development and you’ll get to work with the latest technology. Our collaborative and inclusive culture is one we’re immensely proud of. We know that a diverse workforce is a strength that enables businesses, including ours, to better understand and serve customers, attract top talent and innovate successfully. We are a member of Pride in Diversity, in recognition of our inclusive workplace. So, from the moment you step through our doors, you’ll feel welcome and supported to do the best work of your life.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Introduction IBM’s Industry Consultants are essential to our clients as they work to reinvent themselves for the future. Join our highly visible and highly skilled team of global consultants as we [...]
- Values lead organization with patient centered care - Part time 32hrs a week Monday – Thursday - Based at Braeside Hospital in Prairiewood, NSW About HammondCare HammondCare is an independe [...]
- North Sydney- hybrid office/ home approach - Standalone role reporting to HR Manager - Well established, NFP business The WHS Advisor is a critical role responsible for supporting the business [...]
Role Title: Principal Work Health and Safety Advisor Employment Type: Temporary, Full Time up to 30 June 2022 (12 Months: Secondment Opportunities Supported) Role Classification: Crown Clerk 11/12 [...]