What will your typical day look like?
Our team provides clients with dedicated support for a transaction or potential transaction. Typically, this involves the investigation of the target from a variety of perspectives to ensure significant value items, risks and other matters have been identified and considered by our client and assisting them in making an informed decision regarding the transaction. You will be involved throughout the lifecycle of some of the largest, most complex and high-profile deals in Australia.
Our clients are at the centre of what we do. Developing a deep understanding of their business and commercial environment is essential for our success. As such,
you will spend time building lasting client relationships based on deep industry knowledge and relevant research.
You will also get involved in reviewing and performing detailed financial analysis and oversee the development of key documents for a transaction e.g. Transitional Service Agreements, executive board reports and papers addressing a range of strategic issues.
This role will also provide the opportunity to:
- Lead teams and be accountable for the end-to-end delivery of mid to large scale engagements through financial due diligence as well as preparation of data-centric analysis and dashboards
- Work directly with the Partners in more complex areas of transaction structuring and the accounting and taxation implications of alternate structures
- Develop strong and durable client relationships as well as build and maintain effective firm-wide relationships
- Mentor and support the development of junior staff and develop enthusiasm and commitment from teams
- Leading and developing service offerings and evolving propositions to drive practice growth
- Work effectively in diverse teams within an inclusive team culture where people are recognised for their contribution
Enough about us, let’s talk about you.
You are someone with:
- Experience in performing financial due diligence assignments in a transaction environment or business combination experience gained through the audit of acquisitive businesses
- Structured thinking style with excellent analytical and financial skills to support complex transactions
- Sound understanding of accounting principles and concepts
- Strong knowledge of the M&A; process / transaction lifecycle / deal process and various parties within it
- Track record of building trusted and lasting relationship with C-suite executives and a strong acumen to bring and commercialise innovative solutions to complex challenges
- Ability to provide insight and deep expertise in a key functional or industry domain and translate it into business opportunities
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, with the ability to present clearly in presentation or pitches including senior level stakeholders
- Ability to develop, coach and motivate junior members of the team
- Ideally a post graduate qualification (e.g. CA, CPA, CFA, MBA or Master’s in Applied Finance)
- Existing client portfolio or proven existing professional relationships with corporate M&A; or Private Equity teams and executives
At Deloitte, we create positively differentiated work experiences that enable our people to feel valued and achieve their full potential. Deloitte Australia opens the door to a career that can cross borders virtually and physically across Asia Pacific to gain experience and access projects beyond Australia’s borders. We value difference and embrace people with diverse backgrounds and thinking styles. Knowing that people work best in a variety of ways, we are happy to discuss alternative arrangements if the working pattern you are looking for is not specifically indicated.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Strategy Director - Climate Climate Strategist - Institutional Banking & Markets, CBA See yourself in our team Institutional Banking and Markets (IB&M;) is responsible for managing the CBA Group's [...]
We're looking for a candidate to this position in an exciting company. You will be expected to perform a professional and proactive review and negotiation of a portfolio of complex transactions, co- [...]
Manager/Associate Director - Enterprise TTA Deals Advisory Confidential Manager/Associate Director - Enterprise TTA Deals Advisory Assistant Manager - Director - Mid-Market Transaction Services [...]
YOUR POTENTIAL. YOUR OPPORTUNITY. MUFG (Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group) is one of the world's leading financial groups. Headquartered in Tokyo and with approximately 360 years of history, MUFG is a g [...]