About the role
Reporting to the Head of Risk & Control, Super Retirement and Platforms (‘SR&P;’), you will primarily be responsible for partnering with the investment product business and advising on the management of related risks and controls, and supporting strategic initiatives aimed at transforming and growing the Wealth division. Strong knowledge and understanding of asset management, investment platforms and investment governance is desirable.
- Being a highly visible business facing role, you are responsible for building strong relationships with key stakeholders.
- Provide risk expertise to the business in relation to the identification, assessment,
and management of risk and drive a strong risk culture that helps achieve business objectives.
- Challenge and review the design and operational effectiveness of key controls to minimise risk exposures and make recommendations to the business where uplift to the control environment is required.
- Review existing processes and support the implementation of process and control improvements to ensure business effectiveness and efficiency regarding managing risk and compliance.
- Define, analyse, and report on the Superannuation, Retirement & Platforms risk profile and relevant Risk Appetite Statement.
- Responsible for supporting several transformation programs across AMPA, as well as regulatory change projects. Provide risk assessments and advice to support project teams deliver initiatives within risk appetite.
- Advise the business on compliance with policies and procedures relevant to risk and governance that support the delivery of strategic objectives and regulatory requirements.
- Analyse trends, diagnose problems and issues, and then recommend actions dealing with underlying root causes.
- Constructively challenge the business on their risk management measures and influence business priorities and outcomes.
- Driving the implementation of risk management solutions whilst balancing with a pragmatic commercial approach.
- Build and understanding of our products, share knowledge and be able to draw on subject matter experts accordingly.
- Work with Centre of Excellence teams to ensure regulatory and compliance obligations are met and reporting and governance activities are delivered in an effective and timely manner.
- Provide insights and reporting for risk committees and board risk committees.
Capabilities & Experience
- Relevant experience and a proven track record in risk management, providing risk advice as well assisting in designing and implementing operational risk controls and reporting
- Strong knowledge of investment products, investment governance and asset management operations.
- Experience working on projects to deliver key business outcome
- Proven ability to understand operational and compliance risks inherent or emerging in a business area, to assess the level of risk, and to develop and execute plans to mitigate risk
- Demonstrated experience in establishing and maintaining effective stakeholder relationships at a range of levels
- Proven customer service orientation
- Proven ability to manage change effectively
- Previous experience in operating in a 3LOD environment would be highly desirable
- Proven ability to effectively partner with the business and provide advice on management of key risks across the business
- Ability to effectively negotiate, influence and engage a broad range of stakeholders
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, to inform or influence specific audiences
- Sound organisational planning and implementation skills and demonstrated ability to apply them in rapidly changing business environments
- Ability to implement, monitor and report on risk management and compliance frameworks, risks, and incidents across multiple businesses
- Pro-active in your approach to your work, anticipating issues before the occur
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to think laterally and strategically
Wellbeing & Benefits
As a company that values wellbeing, we offer a range of great benefits to support you financially, professionally, and personally. These include access to a wide range of flexible working options including the ability to purchase extra leave, retail discounts, onsite wellbeing centre including a gym (Sydney Office), Employee Assistance Program, competitive home loan rates, leading superannuation contribution, discounted financial advice and personal insurance.
Inclusion & Diversity
AMP recognises individual differences and welcomes people from a variety of life and work experiences. The diversity of our people is core to our ability to innovate, grow and to fulfil our collective aspiration of helping people to own their tomorrow. A natural curiosity, a respect for differences and a growth mindset are valued at AMP.
Why join the ESS Casual Pool? Our casual pool employees have the best job in the business! Each FIFO swing is different as you will be the one to decide which sites you go to and what departments you [...]
Company Description McDonald’s Australia is a modern and progressive burger company serving over 1.7 million customers every day. Macca’s has over 990 restaurants across Australia and a current w [...]
Star Aviation is ready to fly with our customers! We are excited to see flight schedules returning to some level of normality. This brings the opportunity to expand our workforce in our Sydney team. [...]
Posted: 21/06/2021 Closing Date: 21/07/2021 Job Type: Permanent - Full Time Location: Bondi Beach, NSW Job Category: IT Surf Life Saving Australia (SLSA) exists to save lives, create great Aus [...]