If you're looking to work within the mining sector and have experience as a Senior Environmental Advisor this may be the role for you. Our client is looking for a Senior Environmental Advisor to join their team for immediate start on an exciting project in the Pilbara region.
This is a 6 month contract which may be extended and made permanent after the term of the contract. This role is a 2:1 FIFO role ex Perth.
Key accountabilities will include:
- Land use/disturbance management (issuing disturbance permits, reviewing designs/spatial data and preparation of GIS maps)
- Compilation and review of annual statutory reports (AER, CAR, EPBC, AACR & AEMR),
monthly contractor reports and internal reporting
- Compliance verification for legislative obligations
- Compliance management for Ministerial Statement, conditional Management Plans, License, Works Approvals, EPBC and Mining Proposals.
- Surface Water and Groundwater monitoring - analyse and interpret monitoring data
- Flora/Fauna survey management
- Contractor management (Audits, work area inspections, training & reporting)
- Development and delivery of site communications (toolbox, site notices, contractor progress meetings, pre-starts)
- Risk management (risk register, CRAW reviews, team-based risk assessments, obligation management)
- Incident investigations
- Safety leaderships through field interactions and critical control monitoring audits
- Document reviews (management plans, contractor CEMP's, procedures etc.)
- Mentoring and leadership to the environmental advisors
- Support superintendent and site management team
- Drive and promote positive culture within team and onsite
Qualifications and skills required:
- 6 years minimum resource sector experience (essential)
- Tertiary qualification within Environmental Science/Management, or similar discipline
- Previous experience/qualifications in auditing and incident investigations preferable
- Sound knowledge of relevant environmental legislation and environmental approval process
- Knowledge of EMS and key facets of environmental management
- Ability to work with, and form positive working relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to organize, coordinate and prioritise effectively
If this role sounds like the one for you, please apply NOW
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Posting Date Jun 13, 2021 Job Number 21059578 Job Category Food and Beverage & Culinary Location The Ritz-Carlton Perth, 1 Barrack Street, Perth, Western Australia, Australia VIEW ON MAP Brand [...]
TECSIDE Group provide innovative and cost effective recruitment services for clients across multiple industry sectors, sourcing staff from our national and international offices. With branch locations [...]
Are you a qualified GP looking to make a valuable difference in a warm and welcoming community? Work closely with a range of specialists to treat the full health spectrum, in our modern clinic and t [...]
Psychologist Prov/Registered Indigenous Health -Work, Live, Play, Darwin -AOD, Mental Health, Social & Emotional Well Being -Salary Packaging, NT Gov additional Financial Incentives Come Alo [...]