Critical Care Registered Nurse
Maroondah Hospital | Emergency Department & Short Stay Unit
- Dedicated and supportive team
- Professional development opportunities
- Permanent full-time & part-time roles available
- Great opportunity to work locally
Are you a passionate and enthusiastic Critical Care Registered Nurse (CCRN) with post graduate emergency or critical care qualifications? The Emergency Department at Maroondah Hospital has positions available for CCRNs committed to delivering exceptional nursing care.
In joining the Maroondah Hospital Emergency team you will be working alongside a highly dedicated and supportive multidisciplinary team who are committed to Patient’s First.
This speaks to not only to our commitment to providing quality patient care, but doing so in partnership with patients and their families.
At Maroondah Emergency we pride ourselves on our teamwork. It is through working together we are able to aspire to excellence in our patient care.
To help us achieve these goals we have a great support network in the department that strives to create an environment that helps us to ‘be and do our best’. This includes our Clinical Nurse Specialist cohort, our leadership team, and our specialist emergency nurse educators; each proactively working to support our team.
Eastern Health is one of Melbourne’s largest metropolitan public health services. We provide a comprehensive range of high-quality acute, sub-acute, palliative care, mental health, drug and alcohol, residential care, community health and state-wide services to people and communities that are diverse in culture, age and socio-economic status, population and healthcare needs.
The Emergency Department at Maroondah Hospital cares for approximately 60,000 patients per year, averaging 165 presentations per day. It comprises 35 cubicles and treatment areas, including; 3 resuscitation bays, dedicated paediatric and fast track treatment areas, and a 20 bed short stay unit.
We are also excited that the Maroondah Hospital Emergency Department has commenced planning for a dedicated paediatric Emergency zone and paediatric Short Stay Unit.
To be successful in this role you should possess:
- A strong commitment to high quality patient care and experience
- The ability to work as part of a diverse team
- A personal commitment to ongoing education and professional development
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- Current AHPRA registration
- Post Graduate qualification in Emergency or Critical Care Nursing
- Minimum 12 months post graduate experience in an emergency or intensive care unit
The following would be highly regarded:
- Advanced clinical skills in Adult Emergency/Critical Care Nursing
- Advanced clinical skills in Paediatric Emergency and/or Paediatric Nursing
Please refer to the attached position description for further details of the role.
What we offer
Eastern Health offers a variety of fantastic Employee Benefits, view the extensive range here!
- Diverse and engaging career opportunities
- Friendly & supportive team
- Flexible working hours
- Salary packaging options
- Career progression in our teaching hospitals
If you believe you have the ability to make a difference in this rewarding industry, apply today!
- All applications must be submitted online via E-Mercury
- All appointments are made subject to a satisfactory Fit2Work Check, where preferred candidates will be required to complete a Criminal History Check at the expense of Eastern Health.
- You must have Australian work rights to apply for this position.
- Recruitment agency applications will not be accepted.
Eastern Health Values: Patients First | Agility | Humility | Respect | Kindness | Excellence
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Job description Job Reference: State Award: Modern Award for Nurses and Midwives W ork type: Full time L ocation: Melbourne Base Salary Range: $65, - $94, The Registered Nurse coordi [...]
Job Description: About the positions We currently have exciting opportunities for casual Registered Nurses to join our diverse, and high performing team at St Vincent’s Private Hospitals Melbourne [...]
Forensic Clinical Specialist - Eastern Health Mental Health Program - SW4, RPN5, P4, OT4 - Permanent Full Time - Box Hill Eastern Health Eastern Health is one of Melbourne’s largest public [...]
Job Description: We currently have exciting opportunities for casual Registered Nurses to join our diverse, and high performing team at St Vincent’s Private HospitalWerribee, a campus of St Vincent [...]