Grade 1 Orthotist/Prosthetist
An exciting opportunity currently exists for an enthusiastic Orthotist/Prosthetist to join the Orthotic and Prosthetic Department, at Austin Health.
This position is for a Grade 1 Orthotist/Prosthetist permanent part-time (14hours/week).
Austin Health is the major provider of tertiary health services, health professional education and research across three campuses in the northeast of Melbourne and state-wide. Austin Health is world-renowned for its research and specialist work in cancer, liver transplantation, spinal cord injuries, neurology, endocrinology, mental health and rehabilitation.
The Orthotic and Prosthetic Department has a strong focus on positive patient outcomes,
professional development and effective practices, to deliver a high quality and timely service, both clinically and technically, to the inpatients and outpatients across Austin Health's three campuses and the community. We are actively involved in quality and education initiatives, and work with other Allied Health professionals to deliver a high standard of treatment across a large range of pathologies.
- A demonstrated commitment to Austin Health values: Our actions show we care; We bring our best; Together we achieve; and We shape the future.
- Masters of Clinical Prosthetic and Orthotics (or Bachelor equivalent).
- Eligible for AOPA membership with certification as an Orthotist / Prosthetist via CPD program fulfilment.
- Knowledge of orthotic principles in particular for vascular, orthopaedic, spinal and neurological patient groups.
- An understanding of prescription principles, the application of biomechanical principles, and knowing how to apply and evaluate their application in a clinical setting.
- An understanding of applications of outcome measures to assess effectiveness of care.
- Ability to undertake technical tasks (includes ability to evaluate all technical work and assess for adherence to quality standards / measures).
- Ability to be actively involved within a team, and promote team cohesion and collaboration.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including sound computer skills (especially Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and hospital computer systems).
- Excellent time management and prioritisation skills with resultant effective outcomes.
- Ability to participate in a Saturday Service (rostered no more than 10 Saturdays per year).
Work with us! Your reward is to work in a collaborative environment which will provide you with opportunities for ongoing training and development. Your benefits will include salary packaging, and employee assistance program.
All appointments are made subject to a satisfactory National Police Check conducted by Austin Health and if required, a Working With Children Check.
Austin Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.
For more information contact:
Louise Baxter (Tue-Thur) or Christina Paven (Mon & Fri) (03) 9490 7666.
To apply: http://www.austin.org.au/careers
Closing date: 18 June 2021
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Description and Requirements Welcome to Junior Adventures Group. We are a multi brand Education provider with leading Before and After School Care brands OSHClub, Helping Hands and Primary OSHCare. W [...]
Austin Health is the major provider of tertiary health services, health professional education and research across three campuses in the northeast of Melbourne and state-wide. Austin Health is world- [...]
Austin Health is one of Victoria’s largest health care providers. Our 9,000 employees and 425 volunteers provide safe, high quality, person-centred care at Austin Hospital, Olivia Newton-John Cancer [...]
Austin Health is the major provider of tertiary health services, health professional education and research across 3 campuses in the northeast of Melbourne and state-wide. Austin Health is world-renow [...]