- Outstanding career move for an experienced Registered Psychiatric Nurse
- Enjoy a fast paced work environment with a collaborative team culture
- Utilize your excellent communication skills and compassionate nature in a community setting
Acknowledging the vital role they play in providing healthcare to our community, Monash Health proudly supports the WHO 2021 International Year of the Health and Care Workers.
About our Mental Health Unit 1
Monash Health is the largest public health service in Victoria, employing over 18,000 people across a range of specialities.
Unit 1 is a 25 bed Inpatient Unit based at Dandenong Hospital.
We have 2 swing beds that can be utilised for low dependency or high dependency depending on the demand. Unit 1 provides acute inpatient treatment & intervention. Unit 1 represent the highest level of care on the continuum of mental health services and provide critical clinical treatment, supervision and support to those whose needs cannot be met adequately by other available services and programs. Unit 1 prides itself on working with the Safewards principles and has a model of care based on the Primary Nurse Model. Our collaborative multi-disciplinary team are made up of: Social workers, Occupational Therapist, Clinical Psychologists, Psychiatrists, Junior Medical Officers and Nurses.
About the role
This position is a Registered Nurse with Mental Health Qualifications in Unit 1. The registered mental health nurse supports patients and families during crisis and transition periods of their mental illness, considering a persons, physical, psychological, social and spiritual needs. The nurse is responsive and flexible in coordinating and delivering care. Patients are provided with information and education to support their personal recovery journey through the therapeutic process in the clinical environment.
- Ensuring the provision of effective delivery of clinical services to consumers of the Mental Health Program, utilising nursing skills, knowledge and expertise.
- Conducting full nursing assessments of patients including assessment of their physical status, clinical observations, metabolic status and any other concerns related to a patient’s medical and physical condition.
- Being dedicated to the delivery of high quality, person centred care in line with Monash Health’s iCARE values and key performance indicators
- May be required to assume higher duty responsibilities in the planned or unplanned absence of the ANM
The positions available are full or part time ongoing, 7 days a week all shifts
You're looking to join an Acute Psychiatric Inpatient Unit. You lead by example, thrive working in a dynamic, fast paced environment and are truly passionate about delivering a high standard of evidence based nursing care to all patients. You are an advocate of Monash Health’s Strategic Guiding Principles
You Are Also
- dedicated to safe best practice & quality care
- committed to delivering patient centred care & a patient advocacy
- enthusiastic, compassionate & able to work collaboratively
- excited to be accountable for and manage specific portfolios in our relentless pursuit of excellence
What You Need
- Relevant Qualification as detailed in the position description
- Demonstrated experience as a Registered Psychiatric Nurse
- Current AHPRA registration
- Australian working rights
- Current and satisfactory Police Check
- Current and satisfactory Working With Children Check as per Working with Children Act 2005
- Post Graduate Diploma in Mental Health Nursing
What We Offer
- access to Monash Health in-house learning portals to further expand your acute clinical skills & knowledge base
- avenues to further develop your leadership & project management skills
- mentorship & career guidance
- support to attend relevant forums & conferences
- a supportive learning environment, should you wish to undertake postgraduate studies
In addition, you will have access to benefits including salary packaging to increase your take-home pay, access to onsite staff car parking and gym, uniform and the Employee Assistance Program (EAP).
Monash Health recognises the value of equal employment opportunity and is committed to patient safety and promoting fairness, equity and diversity in the workplace. At Monash Health we are relentless in our pursuit of excellence and work to our six guiding principles.
As part of our selection process, you may be invited by email to participate in an on-camera video interview.
Please apply online through Mercury e-recruit as email applications will not be considered. Current Monash Health employees should apply through Mercury using their Monash Health employee account. Our Recruitment Services team can answer any queries on this matter and can be reached on Ph: 9265 2750 or via email to [email protected],org
Offers of employment can only be made once all required probity checks have been completed. These include: • reference checks; • a clear Police Check conducted within the last three months; • a current Victorian Employee Working with Children’s Check (or proof of payment for same);and • proof of immunisation.
A request to conduct probity checks does not guarantee that an offer of employment will be made.
Apply NOW to join Unit 1 at Monash Health!
Search our Facebook community 'Nursing and Midwifery Careers at Monash Health' to be part of an online group; keep updated with recruitment tips and opportunities at Monash Health.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Registered Psychiatric Nurse - Unit 2 Dandenong Job posted: 21/05/2021 Job type: Not provided Salary: Salary not specified Occupation: Nursing Reference: 46279 Acknowledging the vital role they [...]
Associate Nurse Manager -Perinatal & Infant Inpatient Unit (PIIU) Job posted: 28/05/2021 Location: Melbourne | Southern Metropolitan Job type: Not provided Salary: Salary not specified Occupation [...]
Job type: Not provided Salary: Salary not specified Occupation: Nursing Reference: 47643 Acknowledging the vital role they play in providing healthcare to our community, Monash Health proudly supp [...]
Job type: Not provided Salary: Salary not specified Occupation: Nursing Reference: 57050 Registered Psychiatric Nurse Orygen Youth Health Speciality Program Full Time Ongoing opportunity Based a [...]