Acknowledging the vital role they play in providing healthcare to our community, Monash Health proudly supports the WHO 2021 International Year of Health and Care Workers.
The Pediatric-Emergency Psychiatric Service (P-EPS) clinician is a new role, which will be embedded within the EPS. This senior clinical role will provide comprehensive acute assessments and delivers evidence-based treatment and onward referral to children and adolescents consumers aged between 0-17 years of age experiencing acute mental health issues, who present to MMC ED. This front end of the service focuses on determining if the young person remains in hospital or can return to their local community as quickly as possible.
They will provide interventions which are recovery orientated and tailored to the young person and their family needs.
About our Emergency Services at Monash Health
Monash Health is the largest public health service in Victoria, employing over 18,000 people across a range of specialities.
Monash Health Emergency Departments treat over 150,000 emergency patients a year at Monash Medical Centre Clayton campus, Dandenong Hospital and Casey Hospital. Patients have access to a full range of treatment options, including intensive care.
About The Role
The P-EPS position is a specialist pediatric clinical mental health role, embedded within the Adult EPS at MMC ED. The P-EPS clinician will provide 0-17yrs olds who present to MMC ED with a acute psychiatric mental health assessments, and deliver evidence based treatment and onward referral to children and adolescents. They will also be involved in providing liaison, support and education to the emergency department staff, Adult EPS and the Mental Health & AOD hub, Rapid Response nurses. The P-EPS clinician will have sit under the EPS clinical governance structure, but be supported by the Peads CL team (part of ELMHS).
This is a 12 months fix term, full time /part time role, flexibilty around shifts offered.
What You Need:
- Relevant Qualification (aligned to position description)
- Demonstrated experience (aligned to position description noting no reference to years of experience)
- Current AHPRA registration
- Include any other mandatory/required skills or licenses
- Australian working rights
What We Offer:
- access to Monash Health in-house learning portals to further expand your acute clinical skills & knowledge base
- avenues to further develop your leadership & project management skills
- mentorship & career guidance
- support to attend relevant forums & conferences
- a supportive learning environment, should you wish to undertake postgraduate studies
In addition, you will have access to benefits including salary packaging to increase your take-home pay, access to onsite subsidised staff car parking and gym, uniform and the Employee Assistance Program (EAP).
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
- $72,938 to $77,339 per annum, plus superannuation - Non-ongoing, Full-time - Melbourne, VIC This position is responsible for providing ICT support to the Federal Courts and National Native Titl [...]
Cybersecurity is integral to Australia's national security, innovation, and prosperity. As a key element of Swinburne’s Research Strategy, Swinburne is fast developing its research and innovation ca [...]
As a Curriculum and Quality Specialist, you will be responsible for coordinating curriculum reporting for accreditation, supporting records management, quality assurance processes and course accredita [...]
- Executive Level 2, Ongoing - An attractive remuneration package will be negotiated with the successful candidate - Melbourne or Brisbane The Aviation, Land and Maritime Transport (ALMT) Program [...]