About Monash Health
Monash Health is Victoria’s largest public health service. We are proud to provide healthcare to one quarter of Melbourne’s population, across the entire life-span from newborn and children, to adults, the elderly, their families and carers. More than 18,000 employees work at over 40 care locations across south eastern Melbourne, including Monash Medical Centre, Monash Children’s Hospital, Moorabbin Hospital, Dandenong Hospital, Casey Hospital, Kingston Centre, Cranbourne Centre, and an extensive network of rehabilitation, aged care, community health and mental health facilities. For more information please visit www.monashhealth.org.
The Monash Pathology Service operates under the brand name of Monash Health Pathology and is an integral part of Monash Health. It is one of the largest providers of Pathology Services in the state and currently operates five laboratories with the main laboratory located at the Monash Medical Centre, Clayton and additional facilities being located at Dandenong, Moorabbin, Casey and Wonthaggi hospitals. Monash Pathology offers a comprehensive range of tests and the services are provided to the public and private sectors, and other laboratories.
About the Role
- We are seeking a highly motivated and dedicated scientist with relevant training and at least 3 years of experience working in Mass Spectrometry and Analytical Chemical Pathology Laboratory
- The successful applicant will join the existing team comprising of the Grade 3 Supervisory Scientist and a rotating Grade I/II Scientist and will report to the Principal Scientist and Unit Head of Chemical Pathology
- Experience in methodologies used HPLC, UV, Electrochemical Detector and LCMC/MS are highly desirable
- Assisting the Supervisory Scientist with method development and method evaluations
- A good understanding in the interpretation and review of internal daily / long term QC and QAP is highly desirable
- Confidence in troubleshooting quality control failures and mechanical breakdowns of devices will be advantageous
- Other duties include staff training, and management tasks including document review, QC evaluation and implementation
- Administration of the external QA programs, educational seminars, managing the inventory of stores and other duties as required
- Excel, PowerPoint, Word IT skills are paramount
It is a rewarding position with great opportunities and professional advancement. The successful applicant will be liaising with vendors, as well as the Chemical Pathology team
What’s in it for you?
You will be part of a dynamic changing environment that will have future growth. You will also have access to a range of corporate benefits, including salary packaging options that can significantly increase your take home pay and access to subsided staff car parking.
What You Need to Know
Monash Health recognises the value of equal employment opportunity and is committed to patient safety and promoting fairness, equity and diversity in the workplace. At Monash Health we are relentless in our pursuit of excellence and work to our six guiding principles.
Applications will only be accepted via the Monash Health online Mercury System – e-mail applications will not be considered. Existing Monash Health employees should apply using their Monash Health employee account. Please call Recruitment Services on 9265 2776 for assistance.
Offers of employment can only be made once all required probity checks have been completed. These include:
a clear Police Check conducted within the last three months
a current Victorian Employee Working with Children’s Check (or proof of payment for same)
proof of immunisation.
A request to conduct probity checks does not guarantee that an offer of employment will be made.
As part of our selection process, you may be invited by email to participate in an on-camera video interview.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
As the Postdoctoral Research Associate you will work with Prof Alan Duffy as part of an Australian Research Council Discovery Project to explore the Annual Modulation in muon event rates at the Stawel [...]
Your role as Project Administrator will be pivotal in ensuring that our Project Managers can deliver on projects across the David Jones network with a specific focus on our Bourke St refurbishment pro [...]
- Ongoing professional development through the Lindt Retail Academy - Awarded Best Learning & Development Program 2019 - Leading Global premium chocolate manufacturer - CBD Location - Southbank [...]
Job no: 504162 Work type: Contract/Fixed Term Location: Melbourne - CBD & Surrounds Categories: Human resources Are you looking for your next challenge? The Australian Venue Co. family are [...]